Froggie came and picked me up from work last night and took me to the second largest ferris wheel in the world here in Taipei:
He looked really nervous and scared when we got on, and I was secretly laughing at him for being scared of heights, even though I was a bit scared myself. Here is his face when we sat down. He looked sick:
I felt kinda sorry for him and was going to ask if he wanted to get off...
But he kept talking and saying stange things and then he started reciting my favourite poem - "I carry your heart" by E.E Cummings.
That's when I kinda knew... cos I told him once that was my favourite poem, but he didnt get what it meant. And I said "let me know when you do..."
I was so impressed, cos he got it all right (he told me later he practiced it 50x and then this morning I found it printed out on a piece of paper - cute!)
Then he gave me an agnes b bag and said "open your present" and I was like "OMG..." but I thought it couldn't be cos the bag was wrong~~ and then I opened it and the ring was there and he asked the question and ....
Well~~~ I SAID YES!
And took a photo straight away, so we could remember the moment. Look at my panda eyes from the tears! (well, he cried too...)
Then we went to this nice French restaurant, but it was all a blur cos I was too excited about the ring and just giddy from the whole experience...
The Ring:
It is a beautiful 3.08ct round solitaire from De Beers.
For those of you who are plebs and dont know who De Beers is, they are the biggest diamond mining company in the world, and supply all the diamonds for names like Cartier & Tiffanys. De Beers went retail under LVMH about 7 years ago, but they only have stores in London, the US, Dubai, Paris, HK, Japan, Seoul... and Taipei. They pioneered the term "Diamonds are Forever" and has the best cuts of any diamond jeweller.
I think it's perfect and very me.
Bold, classic, and it has a really big head.
LOLOLOLOLOL.
I hope all my girlfriends approve :P
Isn't it beautiful?
Ok, and just before everyone starts asking ~~ We are planning for this to be a rather long engagment, as we want to be back in Sydney for the wedding. So there is no date set and we are not in a rush!
The story behind the story:
"Qi Xi" (Night of Sevens), also known as Chinese Valentines Day, occurs on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month each year on the Chinese calendar.
This year, that day fell on August 7 - yesterday. Here is the story behind this day:
A young cowherd named Niulang (牛郎) happens across seven fairy sisters bathing in a lake. Encouraged by his mischievous companion the ox, he steals their clothes and waits to see what will happen. The fairy sisters elect the youngest and most beautiful sister Zhinü (織女) to retrieve their clothing. She does so, but since Niulang has seen her naked, she must agree to his request for marriage. She proves to be a wonderful wife, and Niulang a good husband. They lived happily and had two children. But the Goddess of Heaven (in some versions Zhinü's mother) finds out that a mere mortal has married one of the fairy girls and is furious. Down on Earth, Niulang is very upset learning that his wife is gone. Suddenly, his cow begins to talk telling him that if he kills him and puts on his hide, he will be able to go up to Heaven to find his wife. With tears flowing, he killed the cow, put on the skin and carrying his two children with him and off he went to the Heaven to find Zhinü. The Goddess found out he had come and was very angry. Taking out her hairpin, the Goddess scratches a wide river in the sky to separate the two lovers forever (thus forming the Milky Way).
Zhinü must sit forever on one side of the river, sadly weaving on her loom, while Niulang watches her from afar and takes care of their two children.
But once a year all the magpies in the world take pity on them and fly up into heaven to form a bridge ("the bridge of magpies") so the lovers may be together for a single night, the seventh night of the seventh moon.
It's a beautiful story, and I think that it has particular significance to us.
I came all the way to Taiwan in the hope that Froggie & I could be together, and he has given me in return far more than I could ever wish for. I am the luckiest girl in the world.
Thank you Froggie, for being so amazing and I cant wait to spend the rest of my life with you...
Gracie xxoo
Hi Gracie
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, how very romantic of Steve and your ring is stunning! I'm a pleb cause I'd never hear of De Beers so I went on their webiste to catch up on my research : )
Can't wait for when you get back to Sydney so we can celebrate
xo Ang
Honey, for once I have read your blog straight away!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm shocked but excited and really happy for you.
It happened all of a sudden! ( i thought it might happen sooner or later but not this soon!)
I'm a pleb a too ang :)
Pity i have a lot of gigs to do the next 2-3 weeks otherwise I would have flown to HK to celebrate with you!
Congratulations sweetie.
Rie xo
OMG, sooooo sooo happy for you. How exciting. Can't wait to see that huge rock on your finger.
ReplyDeleteDe Beers is my client in China and from my understanding of the business, ur exactly right. They mine, produce, distribute the best.
OMG< OMG> just so so happy for u.
Hey, congrats. You guys having the wedding in Taiwon? hehe, means a holiday trip for all of us!
ReplyDeletefar out...i thought i was gonna marry u? no.....lol.
ReplyDeleteThat's a huge rock. can you be more realistic and cut it down to 2ct, so u can give the 1ct to me so I don't have to fork out 10k?
btw - Congrats! I don't wanan fly to taiwan for wedding so pls do it in Sydney. Or Korea. hahaha
Thanks.
Khung, Jack, did you read the blog properly? She's having the wedding in Sydney :p
ReplyDeleteGracie, you know where to look for if you need music for your wedding xo
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)))))
ReplyDeletePlease pass this onto steve too =)!!
Congratulations! sorry for the late comment - my eye feels sore, swollen & I cant open it properly. OMG - that ring is so beautiful - its almost, very similar to the same design that I wanted from Tiffanys, so we might really have the same of everything....LOL!!! Love u heaps xox Cant wait for you guys to come back to Sydney to celebrate!
ReplyDeleteonce again,sooo Happi Happi Happy for u!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~ and I demand to be in ur wedding ~~ ;p
ReplyDeleteluv~
Viki
Gracie that's so lovely - mega congratulations XXX Marley
ReplyDeleteThat is so so touching!! I would melt into tears too if i were u. Eventho I have never met Steve b4 but from what i can see i know that you can be sure to put the rest of your life in his hands. CONGRATES!!!
ReplyDeletehun, happy for ya, I was a bit late to catch up ur news, cos I was so busy managing Presidential Reception and after-party, sorry!
ReplyDeleteWhat a surprise!!
Lov the ring, simple and classy... and Biggggg!! =))))
My events went soooo well, Swiss President and Mr.Samaranch were so happy, we had 700 guests!! Also for the after-party I made an hour free-flow champagne! U should be here and u'd lov it, DJ was an Aussie, he was soooo funny which reminds me of u!! Miss u Missy, I shall leave China around 20th Sep!
So hurry up come back or you hav to pack urself to visit me in EU!!
Murahhhhhhhhh
xx Amy
Grace - congrats to you and Steve, may your happiness always be a positive correlation to steve.
ReplyDeleteLuv Yan