
Well, Xtine went to Collete Dinnigan to ask for me, and at the moment she's not sure if shes going to make it - it was a one off piece... but the retail price is $5000! A tad bit out of my budget, but perhaps I could get married in it, heehee :p
Well... I DO have the best maid of honor EVER! Xtine has already sought out Alex Perry's Ready-to-Wear bridal collection for me and it ranges from $2500 - $9000. But I really wanted a made to order~~ but I guess I have to be realistic here...
Anyway, I had a look myself at the range and I didnt really love it. Most of it is kind UGH except for these 2:


But anyway, I've still got AGES! That didnt stop me from picking up Japanese bridal mags at the bookshop on the weekend though LOL...
Ok seriously ~~ I have more pressing dilemmas at hand. Like where to go for our engagement "lets get trashed" party in HK, for instance.
I am being dragged into all these different directions at the moment, but most notably in 2 very distinct (and opposing) paths:
STUCK UP/RETENTIOUS or PLEBBY/LOCAL??
I know that sounds like a no-brainer cos Froggie and I are both obviously the former, but this is not an event that I am organising myself - my friends in HK are doing all the work.
So i need to be sensitive to their needs.
One of them (ie. Steven Xia) wants to go to posh clubs and VIP lounges (eg. http://www.beijingclub.com.hk/main.html) and he's spot on as usual and I think Froggie would be more comfortable, except these are membership-only places with a hefty per-head charge...
The other (ie. Jason Lam) wants to do the all-you-can-drink karaoke/bar where its' kinda dirty/underground and we all get trashed. His places dont even have websites and none of my other friends have even heard of it! LOL...
I'M CONFUSED!
Jason has to organise all these other things with me during the day, so I am inclined to leave it all up to him, but are we really gonna do this pleb-style?? I suppose more people would come, but they would all be loud Honkies and the fiance wouldn't know any of them...
Froggie wanted to do it on the top of the Peninsula where we're staying (http://hongkong.peninsula.com/phk/felix-restaurant.html) but I think thats *yawn* - we could just do that ourselves another night...
So I guess the decision is whether to keep it exclusive and tight @ the nice place with a few close friends, or do something different and very un-Gracie-like and have a truly local HK pleb experience.... which is kinda fun too.
It's really up to me.
Any advice?
hmmm...that's a tough one. I like the posh place, but if most of your friends don't really go for that kind of thing maybe go for the karaoke place. It the end its really just a get together where everyone can have fun & drinks to celebrate - so it doesn't matter even if you have to do it pleb style. Just make sure you still dress up & look beautiful...along with everyone else..no jeans or sneakers! LOL
ReplyDelete