If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Saturday, 16 August 2008

Ghost Festival in KeeLung

It's Ghost Month at the moment and all the locals are praying to Gods and offering food and other silly things to them out on the street. I'm so not into that sort of stuff.

But in our quest for a true Taiwan experience, Jenny (the English girl), Mike (the American partner) and I decided to give the yearly Ghost Festival at KeeLung a go.

The place is about 45mins drive from Taipei and Mike drove, except we parked at the wrong place and ended up walking another 45mins trying to find it.

Here we are in woop-woop:


Oh did I mention I made Froggie come too? Of course he came, he always comes! HOHOHO...

Mmmmm... delicious street food snacks!



We watched some lovely girls dancing asian-style:


Took pictures with all the bright and colourful floats:



I think Froggie was really tired that day and I kinda felt bad that he had to stay out til 2am with us on a weeknight. He starts work really early and I'm always still asleep when he leaves in the morning.... It's not easy being a trader's wife!

Anyway he looked pretty happy most of the time:


Except in this pic where he looked like a stoner LOLOLOLOL:


He was proud that he took some good pics of the fireworks:


But the display was really lame. This is the biggest one there was. Yawn...

There were so many people! But apparently this year had hardly anyone, cos the Taiwan vs China baseball game was on that night, and everyone was at home watching it.


We also sat on the rocks and lemme tell you it was hot and stuffy and my bum was aching like a mofo. 5mins into it I'd had enough. Plus I had a majorly bad hair day and wasn't feeling too good...


The reason everyone was sitting there was because we were all waiting for the highlight of the show. Right at the end, all the houses that were made for the ghosts are put into the water and then lit up in flames. I dont understand why, and it really was an anti-climax, but here's how it went down:





We had to catch the bus back to our car cos there were no taxis. Excitement! My second time on a bus. I HAD to take a pic:

All in all a rather (un)eventful night, but a true local experience indeed.

The best bit was the bus ride :P

Woohoo! Ciao bellas
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment