If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Thursday, 14 August 2008

HAHAHA... I had to laugh

... when I saw this on the smh website this morning:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/latest-news/amid-the-panic-in-beijing-bus-crash-/2008/08/14/1218307075263.html

Yay! National pride! Aussies with a heart of gold - never mind how many Chinese people died in the crash. LOL... I love it!

Meanwhile, a few things have been giving me the shits lately. Allow me to enlighten you:

1. The cleaner sux.
I have mentioned this before but I feel the need to reiterate this... she SUX.
I have been here 2 months, and she still hasnt figured out where my clothes go, and in what order. She doenst iron things and just folds them... like suit skirts...???? She puts things away in foreign places and they are never to be seen again. She likes the poochies (which is good) but she doesn't clean up the poop that has now STUCK to the tiles. DIES! I was late for work this morning because I had to literally scratch the poo off the floorboards with my NAILS in order to get it off. PLUS she doesn't cook which is redic and she's expensive. I have told Froggie countless times that we should fire her, but he doesn't want to be slack and also cos I think he cant be bothered recruiting... which brings me to my next point...

2. I am not HR!
I mean, I knew this job would end up being me doing everything, but I am done with calling applicants and interviewing 15 people a day ON TOP OF everything else that I have to do. I dont like HR, it's not my area, and this was never in my job description. Which brings me to my next point...

3. I have to do everything around here
And I dont mind because it's good experience, but there is only so much 1 person can handle. Right now I am HR Manager, Internal Comms Manager, External Comms & PR Manager, Marketing and Sponsorship/Sales Manager, Copywriter, Legal Assistant, Business Development Manager, Exhibit and Venue Manager, Crises Management person, plus I am the contact person for all registrations, speakers, sponsors, registrations, staff in China, the hotel, the PR agency, the events company, and it goes on... yes, it's non-stop fun! Plus I am also trying to organise our weekend in HK with friends who all want to do different things!

4. I'm still fatso
A little less than before (due to the poo pills I've been taking), but still roly-poly. Nuff said.

5. China is looming
Which means more 16 hour work days, living out of a suitcase, and being away from Froggie & the pups. And more visa issues. Plus my best friend there is gone. I am not looking forward...

6. I am povo like a mofo
I am on a complete shopping ban at the moment. I desperately need to save money for a variety of reasons: I want to buy my own wedding dress when I get back to Sydney so Froggie doesnt freak out at the price; I want to send my mum some more money cos she needs it more than me (I'd just like to point out that Froggie already does a stellar job by sending her money each month, but I want to send her some myself); and I really need some funds as I wont have a job when we return to Sydney! I know this is all a long time away, but at the rate I save- it is definately not too early to start!

and finally...

7. I'm naked!
Cos my ring is getting resized in London or somewhere equally ridiculous, and I am still waiting for it to come back. I'm not whole without it! How did I ever exist pre-ring...??

A rather shitty Gracie
xxoo

1 comment:

  1. Thx for commenting on my blog, superised that u were there, thot u r long gone from msn. hehe.. Well, this is what career life is like in Asian countries, this is also the reason why for the last afew yrs I have been living in confusion abt my future plans. And u have just motivated so much abt going back to work, thx dear! haha...

    ReplyDelete