If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Sunday, 17 August 2008

I'm a failure!

I am such a hopeless wife.

I totally SUCK.

OMG... I tried to cook a meal today and went all the way to the supermarket in the rain and bought all this food and carried it all the way home, almost breaking my back in the process.

I even got organic rice! How very green of me :)


Anyway, so I cooked 2 different types of thai curry and was going to make a pipi and prawn tom yum soup but that stuffed up, so I stirfried the pipis instead. It looks ok right?

Well... it was terrible!

The pipis were too salty:

The yellow curry literally tasted like SHIT:

And the red curry was edible but didn't really taste like thai cos I didnt put enough coconut milk in it:

And the rice was so soft it was almost porridge:


叹!

Froggie was lovely and ate as much as he could whilst being really appreciative, but we both felt sick afterwards. In fact, I couldn't even stomach more than 3 bites of my own food.

Not to mention the fact that I made a complete mess in the kitchen, and he had to clean it up.

OMG IM A FAILURE AS A HOUSEWIFE!

I told him I will now cook more often so that I can get better, and his face got all contorted and I'm sure he must have been crying mercy inside, but how else will I improve?

It's on! I am on a quest to be the perfect wife :)

Next week: Japanese soba.

Now that cant be so hard, right?

6 comments:

  1. it looks better than the stuff im cooking! =(
    one of my goals in london is to learn how to cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2.5-3 minutes boil time for soba noodles, make sure the shallots and radish is refrigerated for at least 2 hours before serving (or u can put it in the freezer for about 1 hour)....Gracie, u must have put too much water in the rice cooker:( I recently found out that i'm a third Japanese so i hope my advice helps---the most important thing in soba noodles is boiling time...u can also serve beef as a sidedish:) -Sonia xoxo p.s. also refrigerate the sauce---its summer there so if the sauce is cold too, Froggie should be asking for seconds;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've got the right idea...practice makes perfect!

    i'm not sure how they tasted but they looked really good :)

    Hxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gracie! this is the cutest post ever! hehehehe
    *hugs*

    and btw, CONGRATULATIONS hunny!! :)

    My bf and I are planning a trip to Macau end of the year, will keep you updated but would looove to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huni, =))) well, I think u cook better western food! Well, great idea of u cook more often, in this way u'll lose weights... lol... I'm not being mean, I just happy for ya, pity ur man...

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh thanks for the encouragement guys!!! im ready to practise more!
    hahaha... btw froggie had diarrheoa later LOL...

    ReplyDelete