If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Tuesday, 20 May 2008

The Dinner Crew - Group Two

And here it is - Group Two, the UNSW Crew (Group One being the high school clan).

Since writing up our bits, I have realised that there were actually a few more places that we have missed, but here are the bulk of them - The Ladies That Dine Club.

Our tradition? Going in a circle to discuss each person's work, love life, friends & family, other...

Not surprised that we never really got further than the second topic... ever.



Pony




Cher says: I can only remember the chipolatas which were great! fabulous desserts - trifle and the apple galette thingy. Grace talking about b!tch at work who was stealing her thunder (who also later got her comeuppance, so it's all good in the end). Hazel being in love with Danny (though this is just a regular dinner occurence). Jay and I having sore feet cause we had to walk all the way from the office.
Jay says: Loved the tapas and dessert here. Pony kicked us to a table outside where it was freezing cold and we were shivering away but they made it up by giving us fur to warm ourselves up with. I also remember someone screaming out "yes, i totally understand what it means to lust for something, like sometimes i just want a really good f*ck!" hahahaha
Hazel says: I love pony as they have a great selection of sharing plates. Food was great, we had so many different dishes. I remember having a yummy tart and trifle for dessert. this was our first one and it was a great pick! I can't believe this was so long ago, and things are all so different now!
Gracie says: Gosh was this the first one? I cant remember anything except that the waiters put the plates down really loudly! And the tapas was alright but not that memorable. Hazel had a nice CC Skye cuff… and she let Danny join us for dessert and then they drove me back to the car and went to watch Harry Potter hahaha. I had just started my job then. OMG 12 months ago that was! Good times, good times…


Glebe Pt Diner



Jenny says: I remember the food was pretty salty, but the Pannacotta was fantastic.This is coming from someone who generally doesn't like desserts. The highlight of my night was when Hazel brought out her bag hanger. I couldn't believe my eyes!
Cher says:
Great roast chook and panna cotta dessert. Horrible waiter, but i think maybe he was just trying to be funny. Obviously it didn't work.
Jay says: this is the dinner where we established the 3 things to discuss at each girlie dinner - love life, friends, work life, other (e.g. holidays!) and we started taking turns in talking about each. Needless to say, Cher and i didn't have much to say but Grace always makes up for the both of us.
Hazel says: Did we eat the blue swimmer crab as if it was soft shell crab...and realise later that was why it was so tough? My favourite was definitely the panna cotta...and we ordered a second helping too!
Gracie says: I remember it was a beautiful day. But arrogant gay waiter NO FUN. Cant remember the food at all! Umm… hazel had a nice wrap scarf, Cher told a funny story about Mattie @ the Food & Wine Festival and I was too preoccupied with posing in my new suit and heels. That's all I remember LOL


Oscillate Wildly


Cher says: Great food value. Grace couldn't even find her car at the end of the dinner and Jay and I had to walk around Newtown for heaps long trying to find her car. Matti saved us when he came to pick us up. Can't really remember what i had - i think it was something to do with foam? I came back about a week after that and then the vennison gave matti food poisoning, so that wasn't good.
Jay says: Grace drinking practically the whole bottle of red wine, still walking straight after dinner and driving home too - what a legend. An understanding of why we had to book 3 months in advance for a table there - they only have a total of 5 tables in that tiny little restaurant. A nice quaint little restaurant but could do with a little up scaling.
Gracie says: I got there, realized it was BYO and walked straight out to get a bottle of wine heehee. That foamy fish dish was THE BEST! And the pannacotta YUMMMMS! The cheapest 3 course meal we've had at $55 per head?


Bambini Trust


Cher says: No idea what i ate, which is probably indication that it wasn't that spectacular. Isa attended so we caught up on all the happenings in her life. Grace said something that embarassed Jay and so Grace had to go to the toilet after Jay ran away to get back in her good books. And i seem to remember good wine, but i'm not sure what i had.
Jay says: Grace being her super brilliant self with “that” comment ensuring I needed to make a quick dash to the bathroom. *blush* But worked out well coz that's where i found out that "IT'S STEVE CHANG!!!". Hiding out at the bathroom was fun, but I also loved the atmosphere of the restaurant, the mood, the setting and i think the waiter was rather nice too - was he cute? Does anyone remember? Really made me feel like we were the girls in sex and the city.
Hazel says: Bambini Trust Cafe has a nice atmosphere to it - dark, warm and with lots of mahogany. Isabel was our guest that night. Conversation was very interesting as Grace was involved with a new someone. I guessed it was Steve, yet she kept denying it, and a few days later it all came out and i was RIGHT!!
Mel says: ALRIGHT! Mel! You go first! Love life, relationships, other…
Gracie says: I remember that Isabel was at this one so it was really all about her! Oh yeh, and Froggie and I were still in hiding back then and it was just a huge drama with everyone asking me who the mystery guy was… and then that incident with Jay in the toilet where she then cornered me and said "Its Steve Chang isn't it". LOLOLOL. Oh yeaaaa… and I also remember I forgot to wear ******* that day!! Ooops! Dunno what happened there….

A tavola


Cher says: Best pasta ever! First time i've had rabbit and enjoyed. Strange italian waitress that spoke so so so slow. yummo bread and chilli oil thing. and weird conversation outside the front of the restaurant talking about passing wind and strange boy who kept coming over to try and chat. Jay says: The rabbit pasta was surprisingly yum considering I had images of cute white furry bunny rabbits - poor things! The huge single long table in the middle of the restaurant that required us to decide at the entrance which side of the room we wanted to be on for the rest of the night. Oh and i remember the menu on the wall that we couldn't understand coz it was all in French! And yes, standing outside laughing over funny stories. I remember a particular someone getting bubble gum all over the place on their first date! And the same particular someone spitting on their date at one stage??? hahaha
Hazel says: Danny and I have been back to a Tavola twice because we love the food so much. The cigarette pasta is delicious comfort food. I also remembered that everyone liked the Parmesan and loaded their pasta dishes with it. They also have gorgeous Aesop products in the bathroom (wash and lotion) which is a plus. My only gripe is that the communal table is very crowded, and the room small so its noisy and hard to have a decent conversation. BTW - the sexy waitress is Italian, Danny and I found out when we has a chat to her.
Mel says: Hazel and I trying to work out what nationality the waitress was. Us laughing hysterically outside over embarassing fart stories.
Gracie says: An incoherent French(?) waitress, a quick lesson in options trading, 5 or 6 different pastas… ohhhh I loved that purple salad! And that says a lot for a girl who doesn't eat raw leaves :P And the conversation outside the restaurant at the end was a classic. Farting in front of your bf, tearing/splitting your pants in half at work, a certain someone's bf walking into a board meeting with toilet paper down his pants – muahahahaha


Kobe Jones



Cher says: Yummo sushi. We were all super late (poor Hazel was the only one on time). I was obsessed with Grace's new phone (i want one too dammit!). I was super depressed about stupid Biggest Loser website. Despite my apparently ballooning weight, i still had the long, long chocolate chopsticks for dessert though.
Jay says: I love the food at Kobe Jones! Mel gave us olive oil soaps which smelt so good! Hey - what happened to sending out the Biggest Loser website so everyone could check if they were eligible Cher??? This is the dinner where Hazel was getting the major s#its with a particular someone that was glucose intolerant, chilli intolerant, fat intolerant who washed pasta in the sink and sloshed it back in the baking tray with the rest of the beautifully made pasta.
Hazel says: LOVE the mushroom medley . Food at Kobe is always value for money. Hearing about Mattie's mum asking Cher make curtains was too funny....and even funnier when Cher told us she got her mum to make them! Mel gave us some nice cake soaps that day...my fave is the white musk fragrance :)
Mel says: Everyone was late, Hazel liked the creamy mushroom dish, little Cher was not so little anymore after visiting the Biggest Loser site, Jocelyn had a fight but didnt care, and Grace told us to take pictures with focus on her hair. Plus I was complimented for wearing a dress and heels (a rarity)
Gracie says: An old fave! Mmmm No.1 Special. That was the day I got my iPhone! Cher complained about being eligible for the Biggest Loser, making curtains for Mattie's mum (WTF??) and that funny story about farting in the personal trainer's face puahahahahaha HILAR!

Jimmy Liks

Cher says: The restaurant was so dark i could barely see the food! we had to navigate the candles around to see the menu. Food was ok, but probably won't come back for it. We were missing 1 girl, but then got a boy visitor at the end. Hm i thought the banana dessert thing was great though :)
Jay says: Working away like a dog in the office until close to midnight while i missed out on the Jimmy Liks dinner! *whinge*
Hazel says: We missed Jay that night and sad she couldn't join :( We waited a lifetime for our drinks, and we were into our second course before we finally got them. We had the tasting menu, and my favourite dish from it was the betel leaf and chicken entree. Banana fritter with coconut icecream was also yum. When Mel's man visitor joined us, Grace and Cher were like two gossiping schoolgirls :P
Mel says: Service was bad and we had to wave like idiots to get their attention
Gracie says: It was right after Mel's gramps passed away, Jocelyn worked back late and missed out, and that GUY showed up that Cher thought was hot and then was majorly disappointed when he arrived. Puahahahaha. Food was great! These girls are SO ANO they don't eat, I had to eat alllll! Redic. I don't like banana so didn't like the dessert…

Uchi Lounge

Cher says: Overrated and plus, we (actually just Danny and Grace) being told off by the waitress for being too loud. last dinner with mel and grace -- we will have to find replacements! haha ... yummo eggplant thing. but dessert was strange - pumpkin and chocolate tart! never again. and me denying anything about any type of proposals and telling my Broome Holiday win story yet again (i swear, for at least the 3rd time).
Jay says: coughing like there was a fire crackling down my throat and going to the bathroom way too many times for one night. Wearing all of Grace's Dior purchases and posing for the camera while ensuring all "Dior" logos were visible. Grace and Danny getting us all into trouble for talking too loud and us getting the waitress in trouble for giving us the wrong dessert - how embarassing! Oh and the "tea-pot" (quote from Cher) boys sitting next to us that were far more girly than us!!! By the end of the night, I had lost my voice and sounded like a sorry teenage boy with a breaking voice! urgh!
Hazel says: The eggplant (nasu dengaku), tofu and salmon sashimi dishes were my favourite. Uchi lounge has a no MSG policy (plus plus from me for this!) The creme brulee with cinnamon tasted 'confused'. And to Danny and grace getting told off for being too noisy...well I think they're too old for that! Danny was there at dessert because he came to pick me up when I asked him to, but I wasn't ready to pry myself away from you girls yet.
Mel says: Grace and Danny got told off by the waitress for being loud. Us trying to eat as much panacotta (the wrong order) as possible without her noticing before she took it back.
Gracie says: The latest one so its fresh in my mind! UGH wat was that crème brulee made out of – monkey piss?? And NO MEN ALLOWED! What was Danny doing there during dessert? Naughty naughty. Getting too excited talking about Taiwan with Danny. Jay was sick as a dog but seeing as it was her FIFTH bday dinner she had to be there – but I still got the head of the table. Awww shucks guys I love you too… Froggie called to say hi to everyone, a sad discussion about the late Leo Wong, checking out the bling that Hazel bought and my Dior sale purchases, Jay and Ivan didn't have one fight on holidays (good work guys!), Cher's free trip to Broome and a (pending) proposal from Mattie(?) and a quick rundown on Mel's proposed movements for the next few months… oh and a strict warning from Cher that I am not to outshine her at her own wedding and that I must wear a sack on the day. DONE. Oh dear what are you girls gonna do w/o me and Mel?? I'm so sad that it was the Last Supper. Inconsolable!

No comments:

Post a Comment