Since I am going soon, I wanted to relive all the moments we have had together and all the dinners we have organised - thanks girls for all the planning and getting everyone together. And thanks for filling in all your comments so fast - Super Speedy!
The finished result is here, but our times together are certainly not limited to these moments! There are heaps of dinners, drinks & other events that I just dont have the time to add, but here are just a few of our memories from just some of our lovely dinners.
MUAH!
Birdcowfish & Intercontinental

Fion says: "Not happy Jann!" plus i got a headache from the smell of oil coming from the kitchen ...
Karen says: There wasn't anything on the menu that I fancied... I thought about jumping ship to Toko next door. Yes, the dessert at the Intercontinental was delicious. There were some weird photos on my camera of Gracie's lovely nails and Sherlin looking quite frightened!
Sherlin says: Boring and overpriced, can't actually remember my meal.
Susan says: eh... nothing special.. enough said.
Karen says: There wasn't anything on the menu that I fancied... I thought about jumping ship to Toko next door. Yes, the dessert at the Intercontinental was delicious. There were some weird photos on my camera of Gracie's lovely nails and Sherlin looking quite frightened!
Sherlin says: Boring and overpriced, can't actually remember my meal.
Susan says: eh... nothing special.. enough said.
Holly says: the menu was really limited....but dessert after was fabulous =)
Nat says: Food was good, company was better
Ange says: Not worth mentioning
Xtine says: Surcharge for a large group?!? Redic!
Gracie says: Not so memorable. I was more keen on Susan's gnocchi than my own dish – cant even remember what it was. But dessert afterwards at Intercontinental was great! As was taking a million pictures in the toilet puahahaha…
Nat says: Food was good, company was better
Ange says: Not worth mentioning
Xtine says: Surcharge for a large group?!? Redic!
Gracie says: Not so memorable. I was more keen on Susan's gnocchi than my own dish – cant even remember what it was. But dessert afterwards at Intercontinental was great! As was taking a million pictures in the toilet puahahaha…
Aperitif & Melt Bar


Fion says: n/a didnt go
Susan says: Remember how you guys were talking soooooooooo loud - the guy had to tell us to shut up! Food was more Spanish than French....
Karen says: Being reprimanded for being noisy was uncool. Mini creme was the highlight of my evening
Sherlin says: Okay food but paying for all that mineral water when we didn't ask for it was retarded. The room was pretty empty and they still thought we were loud?
Holly says: the place could do with a better interior decorator...but i vaguely remember the food (particularly dessert) was good? (dammit, i have the memory of a goldfish)...o! and all the after-dinner cocktails at melt were overly salty...
Ange says: $50 for water? riddic! Creme breulee made up for it though....yum!
Xtine says: Manager was rude, food was bad, water was expensive...not a great experience. Love the mini creme brulees though!
Gracie says: That incident with the water… omg faints… and the man joining our dinner at the end. Tsk tsk… Oh! And xtine and I showed up in EXACTLY THE SAME OUTFIT LOL
Susan says: Remember how you guys were talking soooooooooo loud - the guy had to tell us to shut up! Food was more Spanish than French....
Karen says: Being reprimanded for being noisy was uncool. Mini creme was the highlight of my evening
Sherlin says: Okay food but paying for all that mineral water when we didn't ask for it was retarded. The room was pretty empty and they still thought we were loud?
Holly says: the place could do with a better interior decorator...but i vaguely remember the food (particularly dessert) was good? (dammit, i have the memory of a goldfish)...o! and all the after-dinner cocktails at melt were overly salty...
Ange says: $50 for water? riddic! Creme breulee made up for it though....yum!
Xtine says: Manager was rude, food was bad, water was expensive...not a great experience. Love the mini creme brulees though!
Gracie says: That incident with the water… omg faints… and the man joining our dinner at the end. Tsk tsk… Oh! And xtine and I showed up in EXACTLY THE SAME OUTFIT LOL
CMC & Lindt Cafe


Xtine says: had a big fight with Alen, Gracie had a big fight with the donkey kong...dramas, dramas, drams. But beautiful company, beautiful surroundings...all in all I had a wonderful birthday!
Ange says: yummy macaroons and ice cream - oh and Christine gave everyone "happy birthday" sticky lollies
Fion says: lunch was alright but what I liked more was the ice cream and dessert at Lindt cafe!! yummmm!
Karen says: Oh this was a sad day. I remember Grace was so late and when she came she was so upset and got very teary. And then we went to the toilet and she had a huge cry and then when she sat down she didn’t want to eat or talk to him or anyone. And then we went to Lindt café and everyone felt sick cos there was too much food.
Gracie says: The only good thing about that day was the fact that we were celebrating my best friend’s bday. Other than that it was probably the worst meal I have ever had in my life. Enough said.
Blackbird Cafe

Nat says: Thanks girls for coming. Bowling is soo not old school btw.
Ange says: I think the cocktails were good....
Xtine says: I didn't stay long, but I think the cocktail I had was delish.
Grace says: I was too busy fuming at Froggie for ditching me and being 4 HOURS LATE. Forgiven but not (yet) forgotten…
Ange says: I think the cocktails were good....
Xtine says: I didn't stay long, but I think the cocktail I had was delish.
Grace says: I was too busy fuming at Froggie for ditching me and being 4 HOURS LATE. Forgiven but not (yet) forgotten…
San Churros

Fion says: Sooo yummy but soooo full. Couldn't move after having the churros, Hot & Cold choc drink (which got too sweet to finish) and the panna cotta as well - churrors for dinner anytime :)
Xtine says: Yumm, yumm, yumm, and then we all felt sick from eating too much sickly sweet chocolate... Love the churro letters that spell GS & CL...haha...check out the pics on Gracies facebook!
Ange says: 3 words: YUM, YUM, YUM! Up there with Max Brennar
Mags says: It ticks all the boxes on my checklist of a good dessert place. 1. Lots and lots of chocolate 2. variety (the platter with a mix of everything is GOLD) 3. Creativity- churros in milk chocolate *eyes roll into back of head in esctasy* and the Hot & Cold drink...devine!....Ive only been there once but will defiantely be back for more
Gracie says: I LOOOOOOVE. Omg choc-gasm GALORE! Gimme more! The Hot & Cold drink and the Chilli Hot Chocolate – yuuuums. Spanish Churros dipped in dark, milk and while chocolate – heeeeeaven! The company – oh… multiple friend-gasm….!!
Billy Kwong

Ange says: Duck was de-lish and so was the mushroom dish...finally solved the mystery of who is Billy Kwong...he is not the father or the brother or any other relo
Sammi says: Sorry... unimpressed with billy kwong... very standard asian food with no particular stand out dishes that sat blandly on my palette - it wasn't bad. but it was nothing great. Bit harsh i know but im just being honest!!!!!
Xtine says: Love the duck too...hmmm...yummm..
Gracie says: THE DUCK!!! Omg… melting duck… and the Missus! OMFG BFFFB!!!!!!
Sammi says: Sorry... unimpressed with billy kwong... very standard asian food with no particular stand out dishes that sat blandly on my palette - it wasn't bad. but it was nothing great. Bit harsh i know but im just being honest!!!!!
Xtine says: Love the duck too...hmmm...yummm..
Gracie says: THE DUCK!!! Omg… melting duck… and the Missus! OMFG BFFFB!!!!!!
Flying Fish

Fion says: Loved the tuna and sashimi entree, loved the crab - if I was going to work for my food (crab)... its was going to be here!
Susan says: I hate mosquitos - never going there again.
Karen says: I had a very yummy entree of seared yellow fin tuna. Gracie gave me a social experiment when it comes to who pays on a date... or more precisely, how not to pay! When the bill arrivess, you either sit very still or not even bring your handbag!!... Sitting still works!
Sherlin says: Nice food but not worth the price and the mosquitos were gross. A restaurant should not have mozzies! Esp when you pay those prices.
Holly says: i liked the food and loved the catching up/gossip with everyone...karen's international husbands, sherlin's sexy bob, susan's socially inept fellow clerk, grace's despair over the fact that only rich guys chase her......what else?? the memorable quirk would be the washroom with the toilet walls that appeared to be transparent....o! and it was also so dimly lit that it almost wasn't lit at all....remember everyone using their mobile phones as lights to find grace's ring??
Ange says: Great oysters! and there was that mosquito and waitress situation....
Xtine says: Place was beautiful & classy, didn't like the waitress's attitude to the mossie - was rude as. Enjoyed the food, although slightly pricey.
Gracie says: Expensive. Me and fion shared our entrees and a crab and it was like a million dollars. Yum though. I ALMOST lost my gold Tiffany ring, that was an ordeal…!
Ice Cube
Susan says: I hate mosquitos - never going there again.
Karen says: I had a very yummy entree of seared yellow fin tuna. Gracie gave me a social experiment when it comes to who pays on a date... or more precisely, how not to pay! When the bill arrivess, you either sit very still or not even bring your handbag!!... Sitting still works!
Sherlin says: Nice food but not worth the price and the mosquitos were gross. A restaurant should not have mozzies! Esp when you pay those prices.
Holly says: i liked the food and loved the catching up/gossip with everyone...karen's international husbands, sherlin's sexy bob, susan's socially inept fellow clerk, grace's despair over the fact that only rich guys chase her......what else?? the memorable quirk would be the washroom with the toilet walls that appeared to be transparent....o! and it was also so dimly lit that it almost wasn't lit at all....remember everyone using their mobile phones as lights to find grace's ring??
Ange says: Great oysters! and there was that mosquito and waitress situation....
Xtine says: Place was beautiful & classy, didn't like the waitress's attitude to the mossie - was rude as. Enjoyed the food, although slightly pricey.
Gracie says: Expensive. Me and fion shared our entrees and a crab and it was like a million dollars. Yum though. I ALMOST lost my gold Tiffany ring, that was an ordeal…!
Ice Cube

Fion says: The seafood platter was MASSIVE, good thing we shared think we swapped Kris Kringle as well..
Susan says: I have no recollection of going to a place called 'Ice cube'.
Karen says: Was everyone really late for this one? All I remember was the seafood platter and i think we shared dessert but i forget what it was!
Sherlin says: Didn't go to this one
Holly says: i think i was in japan for this one...
Nat says: food is good, the company is great
Ange says: we all shared a seafood platter...but had trouble remembering this one
Xtine says: Yep..my first & last fight with Gracie. Sorry for yelling at you, I love you! x
Gracie says: I just remember that I left in the middle of Froggie's party for you guys. And then he got really drunk cos I wasn't there to supervise him. And Nat couldn't eat anything cos she got her wisdom teeth out. And me and Xtine had our first and only fight and then made up in the toilet while we hugged and bawled our eyes out and then had to come out and pretend nth had happened… and no Fion we swapped the NAMES for Kris Kringle but we swapped gifts @ Coconut Dashiell-Joaquin’s 1st Bday!
Bavarian Bier Café
Susan says: I have no recollection of going to a place called 'Ice cube'.
Karen says: Was everyone really late for this one? All I remember was the seafood platter and i think we shared dessert but i forget what it was!
Sherlin says: Didn't go to this one
Holly says: i think i was in japan for this one...
Nat says: food is good, the company is great
Ange says: we all shared a seafood platter...but had trouble remembering this one
Xtine says: Yep..my first & last fight with Gracie. Sorry for yelling at you, I love you! x
Gracie says: I just remember that I left in the middle of Froggie's party for you guys. And then he got really drunk cos I wasn't there to supervise him. And Nat couldn't eat anything cos she got her wisdom teeth out. And me and Xtine had our first and only fight and then made up in the toilet while we hugged and bawled our eyes out and then had to come out and pretend nth had happened… and no Fion we swapped the NAMES for Kris Kringle but we swapped gifts @ Coconut Dashiell-Joaquin’s 1st Bday!
Bavarian Bier Café

Fion says: Ange and I were digging into the squid while Grace was taking pics ...too hungry must eat! : )
Ange says: Sharing is caring...the squid salad was yummy...plus I got a dress that day for $50! bagain!
Xtine says: Lychee beer is surprisingly yummy, the first official day I was single, surrounded my best friends. Thanks girls! Love you all xox
Gracie says: Lychee beer good, food average, conversation about Alen – the pits.
Ange says: Sharing is caring...the squid salad was yummy...plus I got a dress that day for $50! bagain!
Xtine says: Lychee beer is surprisingly yummy, the first official day I was single, surrounded my best friends. Thanks girls! Love you all xox
Gracie says: Lychee beer good, food average, conversation about Alen – the pits.
Alen's Thai restaurant

Ange says: Love the Thai Beef Salad and Tom Yum soup
Xtine says: I still love the food, will not have hard feelings even though it is owned my "big man" ex-bf.
Gracie says: Very beautifully presented. Nice menus :p Mean owner.
Xtine says: I still love the food, will not have hard feelings even though it is owned my "big man" ex-bf.
Gracie says: Very beautifully presented. Nice menus :p Mean owner.
Pho place in Newtown & Gelato


Fion says: Vietnamese is my fave cheap eat in Newtown.. at least come here for takeaway twice a week.. can't believe the MTV security had no idea where grace was in first aid until she called us so we finally found her!
Ange says: YUM! I love cheap yummy food...my boots got ruined from the Awards : (
Gracie says: Best meal overall. And loved the attention. Got treated by Ange and Fion after I passed out @ the MTV Music awards. And then got gelato afterwards too. **hearts**
There it is chikkies! Will miss you all dearly...
Group 2 to come shortly...
xxoo
hahaha so this is why u r so busy all the time! jk
ReplyDeleteDon't worry - we'll go to a new restaurant every time u come back to visit us!
can't say bye cuz ur not gone yet but we will miss u!!
*muah*
hahaha...'that' photo is hilarious (you know which one). So many special memories, you will always be remembered as the one who always organises these dinners & take beautiful photos to capture those moments...what will we do without you Gracie? xox
ReplyDelete