Oh, its a sad day! I was walking Noodle down the shopping strip in Hongdae, and all of a sudden out of nowhere - this big dog coming sprinting out from a shop and is heading straight for her! The owners are running and shouting after him, but before I could even react, he was on poor Noodle and we were all screaming. Noodle and I were screaming the loudest (of course). It was so scary! Why dont they leash their dogs up??
The owners were really sorry, and being the nice person that I am I said it was ok, but then 5 minutes later my friend Ang realised that she was bleeding a lot and there was a big cut on her paw :(
This is after we wiped the blood, but you can still see the bit where her nail is dislocated:

It was scary cos she was in pain and I didnt know what to do. It looked like it was broken so we thought we'd better rush to the vet... and we were on the way when we spotted this store - Vinyl. They sell soju shots and you drink it from a plastic bag with a straw. It was so cool and super cheap!




Ok, this is the bit where I become a bad mummy. I decided I wanted to have one so we stopped and did just that... while Noodle was still bleeding in my bag :( OMFG... I know, dont even say it...



I even gave some to her to make the pain go away:

Yes, hubby wasnt impressed when he found out about this later - but I was really sorry!!
Anyway, on with her diagnosis. Noodle's x-rays showed that the big dog had taken off her nail from the base, so the entire thing had to be removed and shaved :( Noooo! And she has to take antibiotics for a week so that it doesnt get infected. Her finger is semi-broken too :(


Bandaged:

What a trooper - just like mummy - like that time when I had all those stiches at my farewell party, and that time when I lost my whole nail and blood was splurting in the air. See, I've been there too! Like mummy, like daughter... awww :D

I considered going back to the owners and asking them to pay for the massive bill, but then decided against it cos it would be too hard to find them and then explain the situation. Another downside of living in Korea *sighs*.
Noodle-face loves daddy very muchly~~


Now shes just hopping around the house all happy again but with a mangly foot. Such a good girl, she is
♥ ♥ ♥xxoo
awwww...poor Noodle. Hope she gets better soon!
ReplyDeletepoor sweetie! :'( shes so cute and tiny...hopefully she will be better soon! Kiss her from me hao ma? :) xxx
ReplyDelete