If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Sunday, 9 August 2009

Linda's Back!

Linda's second trip to Seoul this year, but this time with her friends instead of her boyfriend. As per usual, it always starts off with an all-night shopping expedition:

... and continues the next day.... where we found newer versions of the psycho donkey! Shorter and fatter and so much cuter!! She got a cow but i stuck with the trusty donk :)

While shopping in Myeongdong, we came across some petition against the slaughter of doggies. I think this is what they do when your doggy gets lost over here - they steal it and then take it to the slaughter house and then they eat it. I have heard of stories where they take every sort of doggie - even the small ones are not spared! Its so sad, I had to sign the petition even though I couldnt even write my address in Korean... Must NEVER let Noodle out of my sight!!






























































Dinner with Bum and his friends at the university area of Sinchon. Not sure if Linda liked the whole poor students scene - it was only $8 per person for a ton of food and drinks. Pleb style YEA!!!














I do not understand this for the life of me, but hubby insisted on hitting some baseballs afterwards in the street arcades. HUH. Then the immature/loser boys competed against each other on some idiot boxing machine... freaks.














The next place we went to was so weird and bizarre - it was a basement hidden somewhere in a back alley and it stunk like sewerage. I guess it was all alternative and hip, but I feel like I'm just a little too old for this now... I really wanted to leave and go to the next place.














And we did. Woot!

At Goshen in trendy Cheongdam-dong, a far stretch from the area we were at previously with the plebby teachers and students...

Elaborate candle display:


Linda's ex-Merrill lynch colleague was really fun and cool to hang out with :)


























It was nice to see her again but then POOF she was gone, just like that! She took more pics so I will get them off her soon. Another visitor gone, and a new one coming next week. I am SUPER hostess I am *BEAMS*.

Of course, it all ends with the newly shaven Noodle playing with the upgraded short and stubby donkey.



Bless her soul, she's fugly without hair but she's still adorable:















xxoo

1 comment:

  1. Was great hanging out with you (& Steve) again!! My suitcase was soo heavy going back to HK...

    ReplyDelete