Meanwhile, I am still reading my Deluxe book which I've been on for the last month - gosh im slow. Need to spend more time getting through all my books and less time eating & getting drunk methinks...
Our books:
I shot 40 bullets and only got 5 targets. Nice.
BAD.
I didnt take any pictures cos I dont think ex-CNN personnel would have appreciated my snap-happy antics, but I did take a picture of this:
So the Fat Bastard at our place (aka. Frog) is super keen and I'm like - ok whatever, I'm so fat right now anyway and I even stopped going to yoga so fuck it. We're on!!
We went to Onnuri church, a huge international church that we tried once before. Hubby didnt like the Pastor last time, but since my friend Jonathon invited us to go we decided to give it another try.
He still didnt like the Pastor :( I actually thought his message and content was really good. He's really young and hip but he talks really really loud and forcefully with huge gestures and hubby thinks he's scary LOL. I told him thats how he acts when he talks too, and he was quiet and shut up. Cos its true.
A short video of the best hymn in the world:
After church, Jonathon (the guy that is in with the celeb crowd) introduced us to his friends, and one of them was Brian from Fly to the Sky but im so out of it I didnt even know who he was. The whole celeb culture here doesnt interest me.
Speaking of fly, we went to this superfly REAL Korean restaurant where they serve boo-dae chigae (the original military soup which is really just scraps of rubbish the poor Koreans used to pick up after foreign military chucked it away during the war). Anyway, its a traditional local dish and this restaurant was so cute. Hidden away and soo hard to find but completely packed, it had the kitchen right in the middle, and then little rooms like a home with old TVs. Loves it.
There was a famous singer eating with us - her name is BMK and I watched a vid on Youtube and shes actually a really awesome singer.
Some new friends - the 2 women are pretty cool. Dorothy on the left is a local celebrity, has a radio station, owns all this shit and knows everyone, and the other lady is BMK. I would have never taken her to be a celeb if they didnt tell me!
Oh, shes too cute.
Anyways, I got invited to brunch on Wed with Siwon from Super Junior, the biggest boy band here but I dont care. I know how incredibly disappointing that must be for all those millions of fans out there but I must be the most uninterested groupie ever. I would have rather met Hankyung cos that would make me more of a hero in China (he is the only Chinese member and he's face is like plastered all over billboards over there).
Here's a vid of Super Junior's new song, which is the No.1 hit over here atm and Siwon does the first solo which last for 5seconds. So funny, theres always too many people in the bands here, and so they each only get like one line to sing LOL:
Anyway I figured that it would be so easy for me to be a B-grade socialite/groupie if I wanted to, but I seriously dont care. All these people walk around name dropping and saying who they know, and I'm like - what restaurant are we going to?
I am not going to get in on that sort of scene because frankly - theres no money in being a groupie and more importantly, MY HUSBAND IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OF THOSE FREAKS!!!
Yea!
Oh and interesting note - I was told by one of them last night that my hair colour is "perfect" and its really hard for Korean hairdressers to get it this shade (woot!) and that people must think I'm a Korean celebrity that they haven't heard of yet........ um, cool.
But I'm really at 0% excitement about meeting more people. I dont see how its gonna further my corporate career, help my marriage, or make me a better person. For some reason, I really think its sad to be a socialite and hang with celebs, get free stuff and do nothing else all day. Am I too grounded or just arrogant? I dont like the "wife" title as it is - why would I wanna be a "groupie"...
Comments?
xxoo
Siwon? Lol one of my gfs coming to Seoul this weekend thinks his cute! Can you get him out? ;)
ReplyDeleteActually I prefer Ryeowook... coz he is so young n adorable (I sound like a paedophile =P) n he has the best voice out of them.
Get Ryeowook out! ahahaha
does she speak mandarin?
ReplyDeletehe is interested in learning chinese so he might do language exchange, but i dont know if he will still be in seoul on the weekend cos they travel alot.
Yup she does... =D
ReplyDelete