If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Monday, 9 March 2009

A Spiritual Experience

I decided that we both needed saving, and the only way we can get that is from God.

So off to church we went. And this was some church. The Yoido Full Gospel Church is just 10minutes walk from our apartment, and it is the the world's largest congregation (recognized by the Guinness Book).

The first thing I thought when I walked into the Main Sanctuary was "Holy ...."

It was of massive, if not epic proportions:

There are 7 services on Sundays, and each service has its own choir and orchestra and a different set of elders (some 2000 of them). There are something like 850,000 members. The service is in Korean but there are headphones for foreigners with live simultaneous translators that comes from the control room in 8 different languages.

The church owns a daily newspaper, a Prayer Mountain and like a million other things. And inside its huge. From where I sat (which was in the corner) I could really only see the main stage and less than a quarter of the people:

But here's a better indication. Wowsers...

After the service, we joined some other people for a Foreigners Briefing, where they speak to you and tell you about the church and also pray together. I could tell Froggie didnt want to go but I forced him. And good thing I did. The message we recieved in that little meeting moved him to tears~~~ooooohh, good Christian husband. He was so bored throughout the sermon, even though it was given by Rev Cho and is so packed that people have to arrive an hour early... but it was during that briefing that he was truly touched. I guess God speaks to us in different ways, and through different angels.

I felt really happy, but still no closer to finding my own Personal Legend.

I wonder if there is any happiness at all, really, in buying clothes and eating all the time... the truth is I could probably get a Balenciaga bag a month if I really wanted to, but I am just buying junk because I think it makes me happy which it really doesnt.

I wonder why I cant find something that will truly make me happy, and save up that ridiculous money I spend each month for one investment item instead. Its not like life will be this easy forever. We win some and we lose some. Maybe one day when I have nothing, I will look back and think - Gosh, what was I doing all that time...?

I'm still QLC-stricken, but I have decided that I need to move on and start blogging about other things, even if I dont feel like it.

Oh, and everyone is begging me to go back on Facebook. HAHAHA I really dont want to right now, I'm sorry! But thank you all for your kind words and I wont stop blogging, so keep commenting cos its really nice to read them :)

Luv XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment