If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Friday, 6 March 2009

Finding my Personal Legend

I have just finished reading The Alchemist.

I dont feel like I really need to change anything about my life... but I do feel an overwhelming urge to find my Personal Legend. I mean, I have many... but I have to finetune it down to just one, otherwise I get distracted...

Froggie has been really stressed out at work lately :( And I feel bad, cos he always acts so nice to me when he's at home even though I know he's had a bad day. Sometimes when I can see that his work is really stressing him out, I feel really sick and have no idea what to do so I just pray. My mum told me that when he is weak, I need to be strong(er). So even though I'm still having a QLC atm, I've decided not to go on about it and just think about it secretly.

I've even updated my nail look to reflect my QLCness - a different shade of pink for each nail:


If anyone does it now, ill know that they copied me :P

Anyway, so in The Alchemist it says:

"… before a dream is realized, the Soul of the World tests everything that was learned along the way. It does this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we’ve learned as we’ve moved toward that dream. That’s the point at which most people give up. It’s the point at which, as we say in the language of the desert, one “dies of thirst just when the palm trees have appeared on the horizon".... "

That's why I know im not supposed to have a QLC for much longer. So I'm gonna figure myself out and get over it. The book also says that "People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams, because they feel that they don’t deserve them, or that they’ll be unable to achieve them."

I guess thats true for all of us, so I need to keep reminding myself (and Froggie) not to be afraid just because it looks like its unachievable...

Most people think we have it easy and I get whatever I want, but the truth is - nothing is that easy. Everything comes with a price, and we all have it just as hard as the person next to us. And we all make mistakes... especially Daniel :(

I'm trying to come to terms with everything thats happened lately, and leaving Facebook & having a QLC is only the first step. Dont worry, I'm not gonna have boring posts like this forever, just until I feel like writing about clothes and food again.

I think its important not to gloat, be excessive, lazy or look down on others when you (think) you are doing well, cos there will come a time when you aint got shit and you want your friends to be there for you when that day comes - not laugh about how dumb you look.

The way I see it is, if we ever have no money, no job, no nothing... I would be so ecstatically happy, cos it would mean that we can move to a random European country, live on love and instant noodles, and I can be a writer/get into something new/be a struggling poor PhD student and he can start again.... and maybe we can sponge off my famous musician sister. How romantic! Loves it. Plus that ticks off 5 things on my list which gets me closer to finding my Personal Legend.

Here's a song for you hubby. Oldie but a goodie :)



Jet Li tha man! Love Aaliyah RIP sista

lalala
xxoo

1 comment:

  1. I love the nails! I like the sparkle pink shade xox
    Good to hear you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete