If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Friday, 13 March 2009

Financial Rant

No, its not a rant about the stock market or bankers losing their jobs, or the fact that noone is getting a bonus this year...

It's a financial rant of the personal kind. And it is directed at:

1) The lady at Migliore who got pissed off at me cos I bargained. She said, "Why are your bargaining? You're wearing a Chanel bag and a huge ring". YOU ARE MEANT TO BARGAIN THERE WOMAN, EVERYONE BARGAINS! And then she refused to give me change for the same reason. OMGness.
2) People who say to me "Oh why do you care how much this costs? Don't you guys have heaps of money?" Uh... short answer - NO. We work just like normal people and my salary is probably a quarter of yours.
3) My very own menopausal mother, who got frustrated when I told her to go back to the travel agency for the third time to see if there were any cheaper flights before I book the overpriced one that she quoted me. Even my own mother said to me "Why do you care". F****. I care. OK?

I have to pay for my mothers return flight to Seoul, my own flights to Taiwan, Shanghai and then Sydney. That is going to be my salary - ALL OF IT - for the last 2 months. And no, I cant just "get it" off my husband, our money is communal - if I think its a lot then he will too. Plus since I have been given the privilege to be the sole ATM card holder and access to all of our funds here, I dont really want him to find out one day that we have not saved a single cent of his salary. Hmph.

I am really mad at person No. 2 because I think its mean that people think just because I have ONE NICE THING that we must automatically have so much money we dont know what to do with it. BLAhhhhhhh.... did you know that most traders are not getting a bonus this year? Did you know that I took a 25% cut of my already measly salary when I left Taiwan? Uh, did you know that I have a shopping budget (ok sorry, that I dont stick to *blush*), a food budget, and a household budget too? We have a $50k wedding plus all related costs that we have to pay for ourselves? Oh yea... did you know that we transfer money to my mum every month, plus pay for all expenses + flights when she and my sister visit?

Oooooooh.... I bet you didnt know that I also bought EVERYTHING we have in the kitchen from the 1,000W ($1) shop. And our TV cost $150 from a second hand store. Oh! And we dont have chairs. We sit on cushions from E-Mart that were given to us as a gift at our housewarming. Damn, I'm such a tightass huh! Can't I afford proper furniture like normal people? Well, short answer again - Yes we can, but I dont want to cos its not necessary. We will be moving again and I was so sad at all that expensive stuff that we had to throw/give away when we left Taiwan.

BOO.

OK. Suffice to say my life has not become like this yet, but who's is? I dont see you, person No. 2, wearing anything more than twice!

Ok, I'm over it. But this is a warning to person No. 2! You know who you are Ms Bitch-a-lot.

Cya. ttyn.

P.S. OMG I have wanted to write a post like this for ages, but I'm so glad someone else has done it. Please Read!

4 comments:

  1. wtf??? i CANNOT believe the chick from Migliore said that...fuck i would've thrown the item in her face and said forget it!!! i would love to know who this Miss Bitch-A-Lot person is...just because u occassionally buy designer goods DOESN'T MEAN everything u buy has to be over-the-price of RRP...we're asians! we bargain!
    -Sonia xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wtf??? i CANNOT believe the chick from Migliore said that...fuck i would've thrown the item in her face and said forget it!!! i would love to know who this Miss Bitch-A-Lot person is...just because u occassionally buy designer goods DOESN'T MEAN everything u buy has to be over-the-price of RRP...we're asians! we bargain!
    -Sonia xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAMN RIGHT!

    *pounds fist*

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont know person no. 2 do i???

    how awful...cant believe that lady at migliore. did you argue back or say something?

    i will always bargain if i can and you're meant to - i even bargained on $69 jacket as i bought two in an asian store the other day and got a few $ off LOL

    ReplyDelete