If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Sunday, 25 October 2009

Shanghai Gracie-style...

My trip starts off with a male steward on the plane trying to pick me up and follow me all the way out of the airport... but forget about that. I have no time for 那种不要脸的男人.

Off the plane and onto People 7, one of my favorite bars that has no sign - just a hazy symbol on the ground, and a secret entrance that you have to figure out the code to, otherwise the door wont open. Love.


Its an oldie but a goodie and I like this place, so I told Rebecca (ex-colleague from Taiwan) to meet me there. We were united! It was love at once! We look so into each other, huh?






















She gave me the funniest presents - a 双喜 for our house for the wedding, and a 肚兜 for the night of the wedding... its like what Chinese virgin brides used to wear when they get deflowered by their husband for the first time. I just put it straight on over my top in the bar. HAHAHAHA~~~






















傻妞and 奢妞together again:




Next day, Nat had to work so we went to the qipao shops to get my tailored qipao (chonsums) fixed. I got 2 made last time and havent even worn them yet, but they are too big for me now (*yay*). We tried on everything and took pics :D



I bought a new navy and white one :) Then we headed to this area in Tianzhifang and took heaps of pictures. I think I have some super good ones, but I wanna wait until I get a chance to photoshop the colour before I put them up.

Oh, I also got my picture taken by some magazine:

We had a delicious lunch at ginger with great drinks and possibly the best pho I have ever had... seriously! Better than anything I have tasted in Bankstown or Vietnam. If you are ever in Shanghai the pho here is a must try!!!













Me....













Dinner with the whole crew at 锅比碰大, my favorite hotpot restaurant. So happy that everyone still remembers what I love, and even got me a cake :)









These are quite possibly some of my most favorite people in the world. Jay is SO FAT now, he's 105 kilos PUAHAHAHAHAHAHA... but I have much love, much love for them all!!


























Btw I had my teeth whitened, dont know if you can tell from the pics but I think it makes a big difference! So painful though... :(






















This is Natellie's dog, Pogi. He kept me up for the first 2 nights cos he wouldnt stop licking and humping me, then jumping madly on this squeezy chicken toy for the entire 4hrs I tried to sleep... both nights. Needless to say, I am exhausted right now and have massive bags under my eyes. I look weary and I'm fat from all the food I've been eating...












































Yes, he is really cute and I luv him but here is the saddest news. I am still trying to be ok about this...

Pogi chewed my SD card tonight and killed it. I have lost all the pictures that I took today as well as some from yesterday, and they were the most amazing of the whole trip so far. We had a super delicious breakfast, got our hair done, then went to level 86 of the new Grand Hyatt in Pudong for high tea and the view was stunning, amazing! I got the best pics of food, scenery and Jay & Mandy's little boy... then at night we had hairy crab and it was sooo good as well. But alas, I have lost it all. There are no words for how sad I am right now...

This is all that I have from today, from Mandy's camera:






















Yep, thats it.

I have lost more than 100 photos OMG...

It's a sad sad day.

I will try to recover the pics from a computer shop, but it may cost a lot or take a really long time... dont know if it is even worth it :(

xxoo

3 comments:

  1. Whats the purpose of this trip? Just visiting? How long r u staying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the purpose is because these are some of my best friends in the entire world and they are not able to come to the wedding, so I came to them :) Jay & Mandy also bought 200 fans for me to decorate, cos I am going to use them as bonbons for guests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot picture dear!

    I'm horny already !

    -Frog

    ReplyDelete