If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Thursday, 16 July 2009

We all cant take it anymore.


3 of my friends have resigned from their jobs THIS MONTH.


I wont name any names, but they are all super intelligent and brilliant at what they do. Law, Marketing, Investment Banking. Superwomen and bloody geniuses!

So why are they all leaving, without a glimmer of a new job in sight, in the worst economic landscape to date post-graduation?

I says this. The glass ceiling exists. We're being hunted.

And... as we get older, our maternal instincts perpetually boil until we come to the (subconscious) conclusion that we no longer need to be money-hungry festering powersuit-wearing antelopes, and we would instead like to do something we love. And maybe get married and have a couple of kids.

I concur.

Girls, do something you love. Find someone you love. And dont settle for any less.

... and OMG as I was writing this post, another (very good) friend in high-level HR just emailed me saying she wants to quit.

I'm in shock.

I complain all day about how I have a crapola life (and btw I am not renewing my contract either), but it seems everyone else is going through the same, if not worse, predicament as I.

Bless your souls, my dears. Bless.

And read this book!


Actually, I shouldn't be recommending something I haven't even started reading myself yet, but it must be good cos it was on the bestsellers list for like, a decade.

In other news, a friend of mine (who is living in Sydney now, while his wife of 1 year is in Shanghai) asked for a divorce VIA EMAIL.

She had her vias approved to move to Australia already, was supposed to fly out on the 24th. She quit her job and everything and now 10 days before she leaves, he tells her he feels pressure. On that same night he is out having dinner with some chick that he's only known for 2 weeks.

Next day, she messages him and asks if he's feeling better and he messages back: "check your email".

In the email, he says he doesnt want to see her, he feels pressure, and he wants a divorce. He wants her to post the divorce papers to him via mail for him to sign!!!

Then he says "爱情没有对或错" (translation: there is no right or wrong in love)

Am almost certain that the chick taught him to say that.


Anyway, poor girl boarded a flight bound for Sydney last night to see if she can salvage her marriage.

I say GOOD RIDDANCE.


If my Froggie ever did that to me (which he never would), I aint gonna be boarding some flight. I'll be running in the opposite direction to Paris and studying Luxurology whilst sipping lattes by the Seine, meanwhile digging up all my old gangsta contacts in Sydney to teach him a good lesson.

Then I get him to come back and grab the papers himself and fix the whole damn mess on his own. Of course, the locks will be changed by then and he'll have to figure out how to get in through the window.

And when he's had a great big dose of his mistress and over it (believe me, this will inevitably happen), I'll be Director of LVMH and too busy firing people at Headquarters to give a shit about some loser-ass ex-husband with only one eye (the gangstas would have knocked out the other one).

*wipes hands*

So ladies, we ALL cant take it anymore. But be glad that it's only work-related and not marriage-related. Poor girl, wish I was in Sydney so I could help her out in a stand-off. Me SUPER BITCH. Don't ever forget to call me at times like this, friends.

*snaps*

xxoo

1 comment: