Since it was my official last weekend of drinking, I got trashed the night before and then boarded the bus like a zombie first thing in the morning with my rollers still in.
At least I got KFC for breakfast:
But then we finally got there and we all got free beers! YAY! The Mudness begins...
I circled where we are just in case its too hard for anyone to find us:
First up was Mud Wrestling, but we didnt go in that. Next - Mud Soccer. Of course I didnt go in that either (are you serious), but the others all go involved. Froggie scored a try for his team, the Tigers! Woot!
Play video:
People:
The 5km Marathon was next, and I dont think hubby really felt up for it, but I bribed him by saying that I would do the dishes for a month if he won. Then he was really keen!! Haha, I gave him stripes:
.... and Kat made me a Kitty Cat. I look so silly LOL :D
Watch the next 2 videos below for the Marathon Warm-Up with Mr Gay, and the start of the race:
I am such a nice wife, I waited for him at the finish line just so I could take a pic of him crossing it. He did really good! Came 20-something even though he stepped on some sharp shells and cut his foot. It was gross EWW.
Actually, a 5km marathon is really hard to run in the mud. It doesnt look like much, but every time you sink your foot into it, you are deep into the mud. No guesses as to why I didnt try it!
Oh, get this. Froggie said to me: "If you train with me and do a full marathon, I'll buy you an Hermes Croc". Puahahahaha... I'm like "Forget it, I'll do without".
So much for his continuous efforts to try and get me to exercise.
NO CAN DO.
Then we are transported to the beach where the actual Mud Festival is being held. The other place was the actual source of the mud, but they steal it and yank it all the way to the beach for the actual festival for kids and families to play.
Our accomodation was SO LOL. 5 people to one room, and sleeping on the floor. Loves it.
Check out all the oil that dripped out from our BBQ. NICE!!!
YAY - massive Crocs and a Pomeranian! I was satisfied :D
Our friends in the mud prison and the mud pit:
We were over it and decided not to go in. Instead, we rode around on an old-man bike thing and drank beer and ate hotdogs :P
I was super psyched about the Hip Hop and Rave party. I thought it was going to be one big massive rave on the beach and I was hella excited... but it turned out to be just hot chicks dancing and rappers on the stage:
I HEART Allison & Nadia!!! And check this out - they are drinking pussy beer while I am skulling soju out of the glass. YEA!!!! I totally win.
NOT COOL.
I have zero tolerance for people like that and I was just like - cya. But hubby was sooooo super super nice omfg. He asked if she wanted to come to the club with us and she was like YESSSS so he took her to the hose to wash her off and it didnt come off, and then he took her to the ocean. I was like - WTF why would you bother. But then again, I'm just not stuffed with people like that but everyone else was like "omg gracie ur husband is so super nice and patient". I was like "yea *coughs* Now he is... cos he's used to me". LOLOLOL.
Meanwhile, I get an "I love you" cushion that some guy won on a machine and he gave it to me. I really liked it, but then hubby made me throw it away :'( Guess he's not patient with everything now, is he??
Secondly, there were no Koreans there! It was just drunk foreigners from the Mud Fest dancing all funny and getting ripped off. Nadia was not impressed the minute we got there. Neither was Froggie.
Anyway, I didnt care so I hit the dance floor still in my swimmers. Yea, the others went back to get changed but laziness is my motto so I stay true to it.
It was soooo friggin funny. The DJ had like NO repertoire and played "Lean Back" and "Boom Boom Pow" literally 20 times in 2 hours. It was like every second song was "lean back, lean back" and then "Boom boom boom, gotta get-get" and then occasionally there was "Hey! Must be the money!" mixed in there somewhere.
AND THAT WAS IT.
DIES.
Ok. The biggest spinout of the night, was when someone stole A havaiana off me. Yes, just one.
Why? I will never know. All I know is that this picture is the saddest thing in the world, not just because I am only wearing ONE of my favorite (and only) pair of skinny strap havainas, but also because my pedicure completely went to SPLAT in the mud. It must have been the minerals, but it took off all the gel and diamantes on my perfect toes.
As if the night wasnt bizarre enough already, I also got picked up by 3 really big and buff scary looking ghetto black guys in the OVERFLOWING TOILET. Yes, the girls toilet (there was only one) had overflowed and piss was all over the floor, running out under the door and into the mens toilet. DISGUSTING. But I have a weak bladder so I had to keep going in there and hover over the already unhoverable seat, where yellow wee was falling over the seat and onto my feet. Other girls told me they just gave up and peed on the floor.
So attractive.
Anyway, so the black dudes were like cornering me and touching my back and stuff, so I told Froggie we should go back (but left out the reason why until later. I dont think he couldve taken them on, and didnt want to deal with an injured husband in a room cohabited with 3 others).
It... was... POURING.
God just threw one massive divine-sized bucket from the sky and it reached earth just as we were running back from the club. Needless to say, I actually liked it and had some fun - but old man Chang was like "oh, you're gonna catch a cold! Blah blah.."
The run took twice as long as normal, cos I was sure I knew the way and led him to go all the way down the wrong direction. Super! Good thing he went out and bought me new thongs as soon as my (lovely, beautiful, bff) havainas disappeared in the club, or I would have been barefoot and limping.
We finally got back and I was starving, so poor Froggie had to go back out in the rain and buy a ramen. Which I gobbled immediately and then wanted another. So he went again.
Hearts. I do appreciate.
I dont really remember what happened, but at some point before we fell asleep I remember the 2 of us having a conversation about being too old for this, and Steve saying "lets not do this anymore".... I guess we are moving onto the next stages of our lives/marriage. Sighs.
Our food... and then the NEXT MORNING... 6 people in the room!!??
OK, I dont say this very often but...
TRASH.
Yea, there was some trash in that room. No names.
Not to mention that she was soooo drunk the night before, she told me she lied on the floor of the bathroom and had the shower running on really hot for ONE HOUR.
OMFG. Does this woman know there is a water shortage and its GLOBAL?? When I tried to tell her that, she was like - oh yea, in Australia you cant take long showers or water your plants for more than x minutes.... and I was thinking - NO. NOT JUST AUSTRALIA.
How very un-green. Not impressed.
It was actually a beautiful day, so we all got up and went to the beach first thing. Noone seemed that hungover or sleepy at 9am! I think we all wanted to get tanned so badly we didnt care.
Some beach action:
I was so desperate to get tanned I didnt even put on any sunscreen and then immediately I was redder than a well-cooked lobster and completely fried. Oh well. Pain is transitory.
So funny that Koreans (like all asians) hate the sun. They were all sitting there with their little umbrellas and mothers running around after their kids holding umbrellas over their heads, while we were there burning ourselves to a crisp.
BELOW - The highlight of my trip, no... my year.
Seafood BBQ.
SOOOOOOO good!!!
Love the food, love the man, love myself.
Ahhhh....
Bus ride back was so annoying cos they playing Fast & Furious on top volume the WHOLE TIME and I was just like... ugh.
Here's we having dinner in Hongdae before we go to get Noodlely from the hotel.
My Mud Soap:
Right now I am a red tomato and in so much paiiiiiin. YUCKS! Hopefully it will turn into a beautiful tan in a couple of days. Please please please...
No more drinking for me. Thats the end, folks! Until November and the 2nd honeymoon :P
XXOO
No comments:
Post a Comment