If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Monday, 8 June 2009

Whoaaaa... 2 spinouts in 2 days. Awesome.

Hubby wanted "time to himself" on Saturday to look for my bday present (LOL - pressure!!) so I went to the fabric market to source more lace, and finally went for a short stroll down part of Cheongdam Stream, which is a bit of a landmark in Seoul. It actually divides Seoul and the start of the stream looks really lovely at night and heaps of people take photos there.

I am in the middle of the stream here under the bridge, where people dip their feet in the water and kids jump straight in and play in the water:


ME being touristy!

I'll have to go at night some time and see what it looks like with all the lights and the waterfall :)

WELL.. the man took so long looking for this present I got massive bored so went shopping myself, and then met him at a cafe that had YUMS stuff :D

OOoooooÕõooo Yeaaaaaaaa














Saturday Night in Sinchon we meet up with JBum and eat yummy bbq, whats new?














The only difference was that Froggie wasn't allowed ANY alcohol cos he got gasteritis from too much drinkies. BAD BOY! So Jae & I drank while he watched heehee...

SPINOUT No. 1:
The first spinout of the weekend includes a couple of mints:

They look like mints right? Totally. They feel like mints too.

But when u pour water on them, they expand and turn into...


... WET TOWELS!

Told you it was a spinout!!! U totally loved it, huh?

Anyways, this place had a pork thing for 5,500W so it was hella cheap and tasty! FUllnessssss...

Then we went to a Middle Eastern themed bar called Flower Bar or something:

Nice romantic decor and all these private rooms, but we were the only ones that didnt get one :(














We smoked hookas & drank... well, the husband drank chrysanthemum tea (left) HAHA sad!!

Next, we headed to a bar called Mikes Tavern which wasnt anything special, but it had one cool seat which was like a bunk bed thing that u have to climb up and the ladder is verrrrrry rickety and someone will probably die on/off it one day, but that person wasn't me!!

The boys were boring...














We played Liars Poker but I got tired and bored (im old and restless) so we bid farewell til my BARFday - oh! which was originally supposed to be all about me, but now im doing a joint one with Bum cos his is the week before. BOO~~~ u mean I have to share?? UGHs.... well at least he'll organise it so I dont have to bother. And we promised to only bring 10 friends each so that its even. But maybe I'll bring 11... hehehe

After we leave the bar, Froggie decides he wants to eat bbq AGAIN. It's bloody the middle of the night but everything's still open so I'm like - lets do it!

Round 2:
No I have no waist. No, and I dont care.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sunday, we head to Itaewon to go to this Aussie Bar & Grill that we've known about for ages but have just been too damn lazy to make the 10min trek.

Tony's is kinda hard to find tucked away in a little lane on the hill, but once you're near you cant miss the flag.

Spinout No. 2 - OMG its a slice of Aussieland!!

There's pies and sausage rolls, timtams, fish'n'chips, and even Milo on the menu (which is what I got *beams*):














He had the burger, I had the pie. A true Aussie, I am:














Tony, the owner, used to be a hotshot back in the day. He was the drummer in the band "The Choirboys" and came out here for the FIFA World Cup one day to drum, and decided to stay. Now he just saunters around with his long hair in his SYDNEY T-shirt sporting a truly Westie accent, scaring people and swearing a lot. Kinda like me before, actually.

And I think he could sense it. Cos he kept joking around with me, being really rude and offensive and I just didnt give a shit. Everytime he said something like "where the fuck did ya find her? there's nothin' between 'er ears", I'd just come back with something better.

I reckon he loved it. When we left, he told me I was great and to add him on facebook and give him my blog. The husband however, spent the whole meal being incredibly nervous and uncomfortable, and had no idea what these 2 vetern Westies were going on about. Poor little Coogee boy... Yep, Gracie is the Best ok AGAIN. Hands down.

On the way down the street, we come across this super cool shop:

Loves it bigtime.

We have some non-Korea food for dinner. OMG 2 meals in a row! Loves it OVERtime!!


















Daddy & Noodle-ly canoodleling:

OMG I was a poet and I didnt even know it.

Sooooo genius.

XXOO

3 comments:

  1. hehe, the shop is so funny! looks like you had a geat day. Hope you are feeling better babe

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOr the gastritis,take 40mg pantoprazole pre drinkies. Works. Should be easily obtainable in korea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! He'll be taking that for my Barfday :)

    ReplyDelete