If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Friday, 5 June 2009

Aftermath

I apologise for blogging continuously about the same topic, but as this is the sole most important thing in my life right now, I feel the need to go on about it a little more.

THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT I REALLY DO FEEL BETTER NOW.

Especially after talking to my mum, who swiftly reminded me of a few things:

1) She did not bring me up for 27 years to be a mother and a housewife. In other words, she told me NOT TO GET PREGNANT and think about babies. Yet. Cos then my life will really be over. She told me regretting I didnt have my kids earlier in life is far better than regretting that I hadnt done more with my career.
2) She told me to stop thinking that I cant get a job here and to go out and start trying -from next year, when I return after the wedding. She's right. Who says I cant get a job here. I'm just gonna put myself out there and show them that not being able to speak Korean in an all-Korean-speaking company is NOT a disadvantage....erm... YEA!!!
3) She reminded me that I still have a job right now and I earn a moderate salary - plus I get to work from home. So I am not a failure or a loser - I'm a winner. YEA AGAIN!!
4) She told me that if all else fails, go and teach English at a college (which pays really well here), save the money, and then use it to do an MBA.

OMG. My mothers a genius.

Next day, I recieve a card and a big LeSportsac bag (I asked for it, teehee) as an early birthday present:



Awwww!!! So sweet, they are.

And I'd just like to take this moment to congratulate my sister, who performed the Bruch Violin Concerto to a sold out concert hall at the Opera House and completely killed it!! I'm so proud of my little emo sister!


XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment