Beng Melea, the temple that few tour groups will take you on, and so far away from the other Angkor Temples that few people bother. Plus it is completely unrestored and in such a ruinous state that many tourist just dont want to bother with all the climbing.
NOT I, NOT FROG!
We venture into the deep deep Cambodian countryside to this jungle of a place.
First thing we see is this sign about landmines being cleared recently, just a year ago. LOL! So I could have stepped on a random landmine before then??

There was also a cow just sitting there outside the temple. Froggie made me take a picture with it but I got scared... haha

It started moving!

I climbed A LOT that day! I was like the Asian Lara Croft, I tell you. Check it out:



I even got all the way up here:

*PROUD*

Looks scary huh




SUCCESS!!






There was actually rock all underneath this. I wanted to swing over but I probably would have died seeing Im the most unco person in the world...


Kids were following us around leading the way (the tour guide didnt wanna come with us that day!) and then at the end they wanted all this money for it LOL


Great looking rocks! Completely ruinous, as I said. But JUNGLE! I liked it :)



Um... this is embarressing. I was trying to get both my legs up for a shot but I failed. The tree was prickly and I was tired :(

Almost there....




This was the last thing I had to get through in order to come out this door that leads to the entrace. It was hard, but fun!


Beng Melea also has a carving of a woman cupping her breast with the left hand - this is really special and different. Nobody knows why - all the others in any temple is with the right hand. It took us ages to find it but in the end Froggie found her - of course, he loves titties...

I HEART Beng Melea!

Some funny vids of our stupid climbing...
We had more time left, so we did a quick tour of Roulus Group, a series of small temples near the city:

I think he was tired:

A miniature Banteay Srei, the only temple we didnt get to see (also quite far but no climbing involved):
]


More leg spread! Wow I just stopped caring didnt I!





Cute:




At the top of the last temple!

Goodbye Temple kiss!


... and old people laughing at us like they always do.
AWWWW
your video commentaries are too cute!
ReplyDeletewhen are you coming back to sydney to visit?
Wow Gracie! Well done for climbing all that rock and going for an Adventure! Looks like a lot of fun! One day I'll get there~!!
ReplyDeletei like the pic of the old lady laughing at you...its funny :)
ReplyDeletethe clip of you trying to climb down is funny! ahhh...its nice to hear your voice again :)
ReplyDeleteawwww .... you guys are so sweet *tears in eyes*
ReplyDeleteI AM COMING BACK IN APRIL TO PLAN MY WEDDING OMG OMG OMG ... am confirming my ticket next week so will announce it officially SOONN!!!!!!
XXOO