After all that climbing the day before, I was psyched to go again! Something I forgot to mention is that we have been having buffet breakfasts every single morning in our 5 star hotels. For someone that usually never makes it up in time for brekkie, that was a magnificent feat for me! Ahh... the joys of having a husband = eating allllll the time. Usually breakfast consists of a noodle soup (below), then eggs bacon sausages and toast, and finish with fruit pastries yoghurt and pancakes.

OINK!!!
Ok, the second day we did the large round and for the life of me I cant remember the names of any of the temples except for the last one (you'll see why soon)...
So follows a series of pictures from I-dont-know-where:



This is an interesting phallic symbol that you will see quite a lot in the temples. The thing he's holding represents the man while the hole, um... represents the woman

This is an echo wall - when you thump your chest it sound echoes really loudly and resonates against the wall. Kinda freaky!

Our private tour guide for the 2 days. Nice guy.




This one used to have a phallic symbol on it, but it was destroyed by the ruins. Now it just has a PHALLIC:

The guide showing me how to do a traditional Cambodian dance pose:





This girl had a racoon on a leash! It was so cute and weird...

All these kids just mill around the temples trying to sell souviners. Its so sad cos how many T-shirts and postcards can we buy? We worked out an ingenious plan where we bought heaps of candy from the supermarket the night before and just handed it out to the hordes. Serious, you get bombarded by about 50+ kids a day. And they all speak perfect English, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish and French! Imagine if they lived in a First World country, they would have great jobs!



These are musicians who were injured and have lost limbs due to all the landmines in Cambodia. You see a lot of these guys around the temples too. Sad...




Weirdo 1 ....

Weirdo 2...

Weirdo 3....

OH! I just realised they are all my husband. Well, that explains it then...





Enjoying the walk in between temples...

We are here! This last temple we visited is called Ta Prohm, and the reason I remember it is because it's beautiful - not majestic like Angkor Wat, but wildly exotic - full of strangler figs and Brontosaurus Trees (as I like to call them).
It is also the temple where Lara Croft was filmed!











Amazing huh.
Here's us sharing a Lara Croft kiss before me leave Ta Prohm:

In the afternoon, we went to the Cultural Village, which had a mini-Cambodian landmark buildings display, a wax museam, lots of shows and other goodies:


The best part was when husband got picked out of the crowd by the Cambodian chikky to be her fiánce. Classic!!

It was so cute, he was all nervous and kept looking back at me, but I was too busy filming him and laughing. They even made him rip his clothes off and get changed!!
If you havent seen these already, here is husband dancing the Cambodian wedding thingy with the chikky. It's hilarious!!! If you dont have time, just watch the last 2:
He was pretty proud at the end, and kept giggling to himself. I was like - "ENOUGH ALREADY you silly man!" but he said "Honey im married now, cant you at least let me get my jollies from this? It's all I have now...."
LOLOL

After all that dancing, we had to end the night with substantial food - German beer, pork ribs, fries, and huge servings of sauekraut & mashed potatoes for me ~~ YUMS!
I don't blame for not remembering the names of those temples, I can't even differenciate these photos anymore, LOL. I think you have climbed more rocks than I will ever have in my whole entire life, haha!!
ReplyDeleteOMG Steve dancing was hilarious!
ReplyDeleteWas he just making up the steps along the way or did they actually teach him?