If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Wednesday, 28 January 2009

WEDDING - we're on!

So 2 months after our marriage, and a month after our honeymoon.... we are now planning for a wedding.

Do things differently, dont we!

It's actually very stressful at the moment, as I am trying to pull this off REMOTELY in 10 months flat, with only a short visit in April to finalise things. YIKES! Believe me, right now I am that insomniac bride that wakes up in the middle of the night to write something crucial that cannot be forgotten on a post-it.

Not to mention we are severely over budget and need to be ruthless enough to cut down a tentative guestlist of 195 to 100... *weeps* ... All these people I want to invite!!!

Anyway, I'd like to share a few of mine (and my Bridesmaids) ideas about the wedding:

THE THEME: An Understated Marie Antoinette





THE BRIDESMAIDS: Pastels in 4 different colours


Ok here's the terrible bit. In the same week that I announce my macaroon-and-lollipop-pastel-covered idea about having all by bridesmaids in different colours... Cherie sends me a picture from the SMH Wedding of the Week:


OH... MY... GOD.

I was inconsolable, I tell you! I considered suicide for a few hours, but then decided that I had to make dinner before my husband came home so I had to put it off...

Anyway, my wonderfully talented and brilliant Maid of Honor and BFF Xtine (aka. up and coming fashion designer/makeup artist) offered to design my bridesmaid's dresses and get them made. EXCITEMENT!!!

I should live, I guess.

Here are the 2 shortlisted sketches she made with her descriptions. Let me know which one is better!

Option 1 Waist Sash: This one is loosely based on your white Review cotton dress - the first idea we discussed. Has a sweetheart neckline, with a little bit of ruching at the bust. There is a contrast waist sash, but it is sewn into the bodice seam at the top only, so that it doesn't flap around & stays in place - it will be loose at the centre back so that it can tie in a bow at the back. I imagine this to be in a softish satin, so that it has a bit of movement & is slightly gathered at the waistline. The neckline has a small contrast frill (same colour as sash).


Btw, the Review dress she is talking about is this one:


Option 2 Bow Bodice: This is based on a Seduce dress I saw on the weekend when I went shoppin with Ange - its really cute, and Ange took some pics in the fitting room when I tried it on, except we still have to get this made because it only comes in black & navy blue...yuk. The contrast bodice bow bit is actually a seperate layer that goes over the body of the dress, it then extends around to the back & ties up in a long sash. This dress is more structured than the first one, i.e. not as flowy...and I imagine we can do it in a duchess satin or similar weight fabric.

And this is Xtine modelling the Seduce dress:


THE FLOWERS: Carnations


THE CAKE: Grace Kwok's invention, design TBC :)

YAY! How very excitement.

OK next bit of excitement. Ange has finally got her wedding ring! Long story, but there was a big drama with the first ring that Phil got her (which she still has, cos they havent been able to get a refund - its just RIDIC!) but then he went and got her another one made which is perfect:

Lovely, aint it.

OK, who's next??

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gracie! I like the first design better xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you starting to plan the weeding, when is it? for maid of honor dress, i like the first option, although i like the 2nd as well.

    xx

    ReplyDelete