We finally made it to the Temples! First day, we did the short circuit which consisted on Angkor Thom, Bayon, The Leper King, Elephant Terrace and the Almighty Angkor Wat (amongst others I cant remember the names of).
In total, we had more than 1000 pictures from the temples, so I have edited and am only putting up the a select few with people in them.
First, we went up the hot air balloon to see a view of everything:

There's Angkor Wat in the distance:

On the balloon:

I think this one is the South gate of Angkor Thom. Check out the leg spread!




He's rude...

Bayon:









Some monks I wanted to take pictures with:

This is another temple, but I cant remember the name! Omg I'm terrible. I'll have to come back and edit this after I do some research...




Woohoo, climbed all the way to the top! Lots of climbing I tell you...

The lovely lake outside X temple:

The Leper King:


The entrance to the Underworld:

Terrace of the Elephants:


We're here! The lake surrounding Angkor Wat:







Picturesque! Just like a postcard :)






Riding a very expensive elephant to go up to Phnom Bakheng where the hordes of tourists all watch the sunset together like one big claustraphobic family:

See? This is just the beginning:

You cant even get a picture without 10 other people being in the shot:

It's coming...

There!

Quick picture! Intended to get the sunset in the background but we failed:

I'm holding the sun!

And its gone:

Dinner time! We go to have Cambodian BBQ at the touristy bar street:

Look! Theres chicken, squid, beef, crocodile and snake on the menu. TASTY!

OMG I love this! I almost bought it but then decided I already look like one so whats the point of announcing it? HAHA...

Some things are better whispered than shouted :p
Ahh Grace, looks like so much fun! Love your pictures. I know what you mean about the Raccoon pets. I saw a few in Laos too.
ReplyDeleteDid you know that the Munks arent supposed to talk or look at girls?
darling its "monks"
ReplyDeleteLOL