If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Tuesday, 26 February 2008

Gracie's Best and Worst Dressed

Last night's Oscars were the least watched broadcast ever.

Only 32 million viewers int the US.

Hell, even I missed it..! I was too busy on the phone having ring-gasms...

*moan*

Anyway, missing out on the Oscars is one thing, but missing out on the gowns...?

Hell to the NO!

What follows is Gracie's list of the Best, Mediocre and Worst dressed on the red carpet.

Enjoy!

First prize has to go to Heidi Klum in this John Galliano number. WOW! Can he place a foot wrong - ever..?? I must say, even though neither Heidi nor her hubby Seal are movie stars let alone Oscar nominees - for respect of the gown, I will not call them chimers in this instance.

I shut my mouth. All hail Galliano, the greatest magician in the world:



Runner-up is Ms Diaz in Christian Dior - like cuuuuute! And in case you're a fashion nube, FYI Galliano also designs for Dior.

What more can I say, oh great one:








And finally in Third Place is Katherine Heigl in Escada.



Wow, what a movie star! And love it how she's not stick thin... she should give up on the ciggies though - not very good for that red-carpet skin:




Next!
My very-nice-but-not-outstanding list consists of...
Jennifer Garner in this Oscar de la Renta dress.
Just beautiful, and you know how much I love Oscar, especially when he's coupled with 61 carats of Van Cleef & Arpels diamonds:






French Best Actress winner Marion Cotillard's Jean Paul Gaultier fish scale gown is lovely but makes her butt a little too JLo:




John Travolta's wife Kelly Preston aka. Meg Ryan wannabe was very "Michelle Williams @ the 2007 Oscars" in this Roberto Cavalli marigold number.

That Michelle Williams dress was my favourite last year, but I just hate the fact that Travolta's slime-hair totally ruins all the pics. At least Seal stayed well and truly faaaaar away from Heidi Klum for her to get some shots on her own...


Clooney's new gf Sarah Larson in Valentino. Not bad, except this girl has absolutely NO PERSONALITY.

*yawn*




Hey, I'm just loving Keri Russell atm cos of August Rush. This Nina Ricci dress is not bad either...



Renee Zellweger in Carolina Herrera.

The dress is great but she needs to stop looking like such a sourpuss and sucking her cheeks in all the time. U-G-L-Y...




Hilary Swank in Versace.

Would be gorgeous if she didnt look like such a man-dog. What a terrible shame about that face...



OK i hate this one. I've never liked little rat-faced Calista Flockhart and somehow I dont think wearing a kiddy dress from Rare Vintage really cuts it for the Oscars.


Oh no what happened Nichole?? You have totally ruined Balenciaga's image, and WHAT is that redic dangly thing hanging from your neck...? It doesnt distract from your barely-even-there-baby-bump, and just makes you look damn frumpy.

How very disappointing...




UGH! Amy Adams - what is this terrible terrible emerald number from Proenza Schouler?

DO.. NOT...HEART



Could you get any more dowdier? Oh look! Its mumsy Ellen Page in vintage Jean Louis Scherrer! Who wears vintage to the Oscars?

Read: Vintage = Drab = NOT FAB

Preggars Jessica Alba in a strapless Marchesa dress - this does not do her justice. What was she thinking...? Lose the ostrich feathers plz...


Anne Hathaway also in Marchesa. She was actually on the best dressed list on the official Oscars poll, but I say uh-uh... Asymmetrical flowers is so Not Classy albiet a little - can I say it - plebby...?



Pregnant actresses going WRONG galore! Cate Blanchett is the last of them in a Dries van Noten fugly number that really needs a makeover... and what is wrong with that hair?? Being in your third trimester of pregnancy is no excuse hun.

EWW. What an odd-looking couple. I dont even wanna know...

But the love runs deep Johnny. You more than just a man in a funny suit to me...


And the winner of the worst dressed has got to be --- Diablo Cody in a leopard piece of Dior. I love it! Only Galliano can make it both at the Top and all the way Rock Bottom of the list.

Now that's skill.

But the woman seriously needs to DIE a slow and painful death for this:




I feel it most appropriate that I leave you all with the best Oscar acceptance speech ever.


Mr Cuba Gooding Jnr, 1997. Best Supporting Actor for Jerry Maguire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnCMqr1QRQw


Just moves you to tears, doesn't it? What a happy little boy...

2 comments:

  1. Grace, I'm a little bit afraid to ask you what "ring-gasms" are .. is it R-rated.

    Love the Cam Diaz Dior dress. Great dress and excellent for her body - not sure about the color on her though. makes her look washed out.

    -- Cher

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahaha... its not R rated huns, its carat rated teehee

    she always looks washed out - cos she doesnt know how to put on makeup properly. Apparently her skin is really NAFF in real life and she alwasy wants to go with that natural sun-kissed look, which only works if you have flawless skin.

    Silly girl...

    ReplyDelete