If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Tuesday, 17 August 2010

I have placenta pervia *sniff... :'(

BAD NEWS. My 20week scan this morning showed that I have placenta pervia :( It means that the placenta is too low on my cervix and depending on the situation, it can be high-risk and means that I will have severe bleeding during labour and it could be life-threatening to me and Nugget. SAD!!

I even went to another doctor for a second opinion but she said the same thing. Basically, there are 3 stages - marginal, partial and total. Total placenta pervia is the worst case which means there is very little chance of it lifting up and correcting itself, and that's where I am almost at. I also now have a 1 in 10 chance of getting placenta accrete, where the placenta is implanted too deeply and does not separate easily at delivery. So the risks are that if I start bleeding I might need a blood transfusion and hysterectomy, have to deliver a premature baby, or die. Boo. For those with partial and marginal, most will correct itself and only 10% stay that way. But for me, there's very little chance.

Whatever it is, I can't have a natural birth anymore, which I'm gutted about cos I was really keen to give it a shot without an epidural. I'm praying that it might change so I still can, but its most likely that I will have to get an elective c-section.

The saddest news is that I can't go to Santorini next month anymore. I'm so depressed!! I was looking forward to that so much, got my new clothes and maternity swimwear, sunhats and everything *cry*... UNLESS the situation corrects itself soon (unlikely), we will have to cancel all our pre-booked flights and probably lose a lot of money too. Also if it's still like this I will have to be put on bed rest. NOOOO!!!! But all of that doesn't matter - the thing that worries me the most is that I can't carry the baby to full term and there are so many complications with premature delivery. Our pastor's baby was preterm and only lived for 3 months... *tear*

The good news is that the scan showed a completely healthy Nugget, oblivious to all of this. In fact, he started kicking from 18weeks and is so active - I can feel him turning and punching all day long. It's strange cos my other friend who is further along hasn't felt much, but I must just have a really active boy. Also according to the nurse, I am thinner so I am more sensitive to the movements.

Which totally goes against what the Dr said cos he told me I'm gaining too much weight *hides* and he's put me on a low-carb diet thing (pfft). I'm not supposed to eat sweet stuff either but as if that's gonna happen - Ange & I have been having different desserts every day and last night she baked me red velvet & cream cheese cupcakes - YUM!! But now that I already have a complication, I don't wanna get gestational diabetes on top of it so maybe I should be more careful...

I'm still going to Taiwan tomorrow cos I think a short flight shouldn't be too bad. I know other people in this situation get all upset and depressed (I read forums about it and they make it so terrifying) but I believe that God is going to take care of me, so I'm gonna just do it.

Please pray for me & Nugget everyone!! I was so worried today that I didn't even take the scan of Nugget from the clinic so I have nothing to show.

I'm also not really supposed to exercise, have sex, or lift anything. Hope I'll be alright traveling tomorrow cos Steve is not joining me there til Fri.

Online sites all say different things, but when it's a total placenta pervia it always says the same :( Here's some info on placenta pervia from babycenter.

xxoo

5 comments:

  1. I've prayed and will continue to do so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've prayed and will continue to do so. Please stay positive as I know god will look after you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Babe. Keep your chin up.

    I'll pray that you and Nugget will be okay. Good to hear that he is active and healthy.

    If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds so sad :( i hope everything will be ok, i know what its like to have a difficult birth or to even get pregnant easily. I'll pray for you and Nugget that all will be well. And maybe the best thing is not to worry about, and be postivie and relaxed and things work better then. I do yoga and that always helps me in whatever diffuclt situation and it helps me a lot xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hon, So sorry to hear your going through this. A friend of mine went through the same thing. She just took it real easy and everything turned out perfectly. She now has a screaming bub at home who keeps her up all night. :)

    Much love.

    Luciana Panzarino

    ReplyDelete