I’ve been too busy lately to blog, and I’m so far behind now that I’ve just made an executive decision to stop blogging about every damn thing that happens in my life, what I ate, etc … and just blog about random happenings & things that are on my mind (which will undoubtedly still include what I’ve been eating :P).
The update on me is that I found someone quite high up in the industry that I know from back when I was the marketing manager at my old job. When I met him in China everyone told me he’s bad, unethical, blah blah. But he’s the entire North Asia head of one of the biggest PR firms in the world – I decided to take the shitty offer I was given, and see how I go… (I really can’t mention any company names because my blog will come up when someone searches it on Google!)
So anyway, its been interesting at this new company – I’m here 3 days a week, getting paid half as much as I should be… and everyone knows ppl in PR are bitches, but lemme spell it out here: I work in an office of 50+ female KOREANS.
Enough said?
Actually, its not so bad. The work is reasonable and flexible enough, but the biggest drawback is that I cannot work on client accounts because of my language disability. ERGH. BO-RING. Plus no one here (apart from the boss) seems to know or care who I am and have no idea about my skills & abilities. They probably think I’m just the English-speaking copywriter who has no experience and has never worked in PR. And frankly, they cant be bothered to find out. Someone told me yesterday that in Korea, “if you are not their friend, you are their enemy”. This can be true on so many levels.
The exciting thing is that I just got a semi-offer from an Australian company – LOL. It’s very big back home, but the representative office here is small with just 8 staff. They are taking me seriously and want to pay me better, but everything depends on if I can get visa approval to work there. If it all goes well, I may be switching jobs but right now I’m a bit ambivalent as I think having a big PR firm on my resume would be good. But not if I’m got getting treated properly. Decisions, decisions…
The other thing is that I’m so worried that I’m gonna get preggas now! It’s so funny, we were trying for one a while ago and right now I would DIE if I got pregnant. I need at least 6 months to get settled into a job first! PLZ PLZ PLZZZZZ.
Oh! And I am going to start taking Korean lessons @ uni soon – have decided that I really need to be more fluent if I wanna get further here. And Steve is buying me a car, yay. Except I cant choose a model… everything is Hyundai or Hyundai here. I don’t want a show-off machine, I just want something that moves which can fit a kid if we have one. I’m thinking an SUV or a family sedan, how very un-Gracielike, huh?
Talking about being un-Gracie, I told Froggie last night to not get me anything for Valentines. NADA. I spend enough money buying myself presents all the time, and I don’t need some overpriced roses or another designer bag (which I will get for myself anyway). Save it for the anniversary, I say. That is much more special to us. I think he was very proud of me for being so mature, but the truth is we are doing something really cool that day which is gonna cost heaps anyway LOL…
In other news, Noodle got her ovaries taken out and they are so gross:
She got a huge hole cut in her stomach, its so sad! But she’s still so happy all the time – has NOOOO idea… I love her so much, she’s the sweetest doggy ever…
And mummy came back for a couple of days, it was really nice. She cleaned the house and cooked for us every night. The older I get, the more I feel like I need my mum. When this baby does come along, I will have to bring my mum over to live with us here. Don’t trust no maid doing all the work UH-UH! On the subject of maids, she threw Froggie’s cashmere sweater in the wash and it died. Like, WTF. Why cant they just get it right??? I was going to fire her, but that would mean I’m onto my 5th one, and frankly I just don’t have the time to hire someone else. From now on I’ll wash all the expensive stuff myself.
Still love OLA! and the great food:
Totally recommend Blue Moon jazz club for pricey but super good steak:
DO NOT recommend Pierrot Strike – how is this a luxury bowling alley?? It’s too big, and we had to wait 2 HOURS for a spot. But doooooo love the paintings on the wall. Oh…. super love, especially this one:
Not long to go til March now! And Margaret’s wedding in Sep… oh dear, I really want to go. She’s getting an Alex Perry couture dress, how fab! So high fashion and it would suit her so well :D
Oh, and then Hazel’s wedding in Feb next year. Oooooh I wanna go toooo. What to do, what to do? I need another husband to sponsor my flights...
But I do love the one I have. Maybe I'll just have one.
xxoo






oh hunni you are too cute! I love you soo much!
ReplyDeleteeww to the ovaries though
mummies are the best
MMmmm ovaries haha.
ReplyDeleteI miss when my mom was here too. I gained so much weight from her home cooked meals *drool*