If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Sickness... :(

So the update is that I took the other job. Long and complicated story, but tomorrow is my last day at the PR agency :( It's really sad actually, because they worked so hard at trying to get me to stay... but politics got the better of it, so no regrets!

I start my new position at MLA as PR Consulant next week. I'll be a private contractor and running my own business through Steve's company in Australia, so the good thing is that I call the shots and I'm technically working for myself, even though I'm still going to be in their office. And I'll the taking home the beef... literally.

Don't really wanna talk about this anymore cos its been making me super stressed, and now I'm sick. ERGHS. The weather is warming up, and I'm dribbling around with a blocked sinus and watery eyes looking like death. No fun.

THIS is what made me sick...

Attending a Haiti charity event OUTDOORS in this weather:


Going to Dorothy's house, then staying up til 4am writing an article...

 

... and THEN getting up at 9am to get drunk in the middle of the day on a Sunday with Irene (while our dogs fall in luv):


And then... this morning, going to the jimjilbang (hot baths/sauna) hoping to rid myself of illness, only to pass out and lie naked on the floor for an hour while I tried to curb my spinning head. UGGGGGGHS.

After that, I tried some remedies that made me feel slightly better:

1) Drinking hot milk and eating yums chocolate pastries:


2) Getting my nails done in my new fave colour:


3) Taking Noodle to get an ugly haircut:

 

Oh, I forgot to mention that I got my hair extensions taken out the other day, and went a couple of shades lighter:


It's only been 2 days but I've decided I hate it already. It's at that awkward length where I just dont know what to do with it, and plus I'm going to be a bridesmaid soon so I think Ange would prefer me to have long hair...  so back to the hairdresser I go! As soon as I feel better enough to move, that is.

Let me leave you with something sad. Read this article here about this guy that left his family to die in North Korea. There are sadder stories than this - so many of them - but this is one has been brough to light recently. I sometimes forget how close we are to Nth Korea... only 40km from the DMZ, people are being imprisoned, raped, executed and tortured to death.

Really puts what we have into perspective...

xxoo

1 comment:

  1. Hun I hope u feel better soon! Don't try to do too much! Take it easy!
    xoxox
    Story about North Korea is so sad =(

    ReplyDelete