If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Tuesday, 6 March 2007

My Hos and my Bros

Well, I know you've all been waiting for this for a while, and its taken me all this time to finally get to it, but here it is.... My Hos and my Bros:

Xtine
My artistic and creative best friend. She is a size 4 and always immaculately dressed and most of the time I feel like a frump next to her. Xtine is a childrenswear designer at the moment, which is a plus, cos it means my kids will get free clothes forever. This is my sis for life. Even though she never answers my calls I know she is always thinking of me. I love you because you never judge me and although you give really useless and shitty advice and we dont really get to talk much, I know that you will never lie to me or betray me.
The only thing that worries me is that she might get married really soon and that scares me cos then I'll see even less of her.


Natellie
I feel like we really should be sisters. She shares my surname as well as an inate ability to know exactly what is going through my head. She always tells me the truth and when I'm wrong, but we have never had an argument ever. Nat is a career-minded and strong woman who is gonna get really far in her life, but sometimes she worries me and we are never in the same country at the same time its so bizarre, we always just miss each other by a step. But she always answers my phone calls in the middle of the night even when she has to work the next day. Shes the best, I love her. I really hope she comes back to Sydney soon.

Angela
Xtine's little sis who works at Dior and always gets me freebies which is great, I love her. She's gorgeous and has a really strong personality and a really cute chihuahua call Tiffany that her ex-bf has part-time custody of. Angela is totally different from Xtine, which makes it really fun whenever we go out because she's a lot bolder and extroverted. I really wanna job like hers!! Oh and she might be working for Napoleon Cosmetics soon. I love Angela, she's really fun to be around and she always has cool makeup in her bag plus she always calls me back straight away unlike Xtine.



Karen
Karen is my mum. She has to do everything for me back in high school now but now its a lot better, I can do most things myself. She is a physiotherapist at Prince of Wales Hospital and she is really good at looking after sick people. Karen has a heart of gold and I really respect her. She has a lot of wisdom and ethics and I think she really needs a boyfriend so she can make babies and be a really good mum to them. Oh and Karen's really good at picking out cocktails, she gets the best one every time. Skill...



Susan
Omg i idolise you! Teach me how to be more like you. Susan is working full-time as a mediator while finishing a post-grad law degree at the same time. Her boyfriend loves her sooo much and she is so strong-willed and such a good Christian at the same time.
She gives me the best advice and sometimes I see her as an angel that God sends to me every once in a while to get my mind straight.
She yelled at me the other day, but its ok cos she had PMS and I forgive her plus she apologised heaps aferwards I started to feel bad. Are friends really that polite to one another?

Rie
I love Rie, everyone says she looks like me. We get upset with each other all the time but we always make up. I have a love/hate relationship with her but maybe thats what sisters are meant to be like. She is the only person I have ever been on a long holiday alone with, and she is also the only person that rings me at 7am in the morning! Rie is a music teacher that also play in many ensembles. She's really talented and we met 10 years ago in orchestra and have even toured together before. I sometimes get really worried for her and hope that the best can come to her. She really is very giving and she always cooks for me, which none of my other girlfriends has ever done. And its always so yummy!

Natasha
There is noone in this world with a kinder heart. Natasha was my collegue when I worked in Beijing, and although I havent known her for very long, she was like a true big sister to me. She did everything that a big sister would do and never once judged me. She has a heart of gold and is so genuine and honest that I would never ever doubt her. She's free-spirited and adventurous and is really open-minded and accepting. She always makes me feel happy and positive about myself. I am so glad I met her and she has really brightened up my world

Amy
I really respect this girl. I think it must me fate that brought us together cos we have no mutual friends and yet she was like my mentor and best friend in China. She has been through so much and has a lot of life experience. She has travelled the world a few times all on her own and possesses an inner strength and class that really shines through. Right now she is in Instanbul and I dont know when will be the next time that I'll see her but I hope it will be soon.

Jocelyn
Isnt she so cute? Jay is the nicest best person. She always keeps in touch with me no matter where I am, and even though I'm really bad with getting back to her. And I love her cos she reads my blog every day! Its news like this that keeps me going, otherwise I just feel like "hey why isnt anyone commenting, arent they reading".
Anyway J works for CBA doing a graduate position and she and her boyfriend Ivan look really perfect together. And she is the only Asian I know with naturally curly hair!


Hazel
Hazel is adorable and squeely and refreshing. I dont understand why people dont like her but I just put it down to the same reason they dont like me - they're jealous. People used to call her Mini Me at uni but I dont think she is anything like me. She has her own character and its a good one but I think she's probably just as misunderstood as me, and I really relate to her. She loves fashion and makeup and always knows every single thing thats new out there, but shes also very caring and kind. She works for marketing for Optus and she gets to dress like this for work.

Cherie
Cherie also works for CBA and is the most pleasant, calm and collected person I know. We all did marketing together back at uni and she was the one that would always be mediating and breaking up the tiffs and spats. She's often plays the big sister role, and is really patient with people, especially annoying ones like me. It's really embarressing cos I always forget her boyfriends name and they've been going out for ages, so everytime I see her I wanna ask how they're going but never have the guts to for fear of her finding out I dont know his name.
Ok secrets out, Cher. So whats his name?

Samantha
The Missus Sammi has got to be the most unreliable and totally frustrating person to ever find because 1. she never answers her phone 2. she never answers her phone, and oh yeh did i mention 3. she never answers her phone? But she has a heart of gold and loves her pup Bubbles so much im touched. Plus she's feisty and articulate and looks really skinny in this photo, so im sure shes gonna thank me for it as she's trying to lose "happy relationship" weight atm. Sammi is my best friend in Melbourne, one cos shes great and two cos I have no other friends. She's totally suited to be a journalist and I really hope she gets there. Plus her bf owns the No.1 restaurant in Melbourne Flower Drum which is really cool cos you get to see international celebrities there all the time after/before they appear on Rove.

Steph
My gorgeous friend from LA who has moved to Sydney to work for 2 years. I met Steph at church camp when I was 15 (??) and she was having a fling with my cousin/uncle (its complicated) back then, and now shes back and they're living together! Its so beautiful, it really makes me believe in true love and fate. Sigh.
Steph is my mentor. She's older but also a lot wiser and independant, and she teaches me a lot about what I should be looking for in others and myself. We have never lost touch all this time during the 10 years, so I must say that she's also a great pen-pal. Plus she tells me so much cool stuff about the States it really makes me wanna go.

Yannie
What can I say? Thanks for everything you've done, especially driving with me and Mel down to Melbourne this time. Yan is an actuary for AMP and probably the smartest person (at Maths and stuff) that I know. She is already a middle manager and climbing fast and she just graduated not long ago. Sometimes she shits me cos she talks really fast and cranky when she's at work, and then calls me back 5 mins later to apologise. I guess thats what work does to you huh. So glad I dont have to work...yet.

Slack Jack
I hate you but you're still first on the list. You are an arrogant, sleazy, perverted and dirty bastard and you didnt take me to eat pho like you promised. You cant ever do anything right and you still havent changed your shitty '96 car or gotten that Rolex you've been talking about for the last 5 years. I may have known you since I was 6 but half the time I wish I didnt. But at the end of the day, you always cancel my calls and then call me back so I can save money, you never get pissed off when I use you for random favours all the time, and its just been too bloody long to quit being your friend. I guess that makes you a bro then.

Daniel
I dont have a single friend who has been through as much as Daniel. He is truly a survivor and a battler, and I respect him for getting back out there and giving it his best. I know that no matter what happens, he will always have my best interests at heart because I helped him when he most needed someone, and for that he will always remember me. I know that our lives are in totaly different directions, and will also probably eventually get even further and further away, but its nice to know that I have a bro that honestly wants the best for me and will never judge or look down on me or the decision that I make in my life.



Khung
Khung is someone who I may not see that often, but is the most dependable and loyal friend. He has always been there for me when I needed him and is always just a phone call away, no matter how long its been. Khung is also really good to his family, he bought a house and took out a mortgage for his mum, and has just paid it off. He's just a really nice guy and really likes to help others. Plus he knows me really well and gives good advice. And he reads my blog every day.

Will I Am
Omg what a disgusting sight. This is William eating a triple quarter pounder at Maccas. He is such a funny and quirky guy, sometimes he reminds me of "The Chad" from Charlie's Angels. Anyway, William is realy nice to me and buys me orange juice when I look like I'm gonna faint. He still doesnt know what he's doing with his life but he keeps me so entertained that I think that he could just make a living out of making others laugh. He has a long face like a horse so I call him Horse Face all the time, but I dont know if that's offensive or not. Horses are my favourite animal.

Jay哥哥
Ok so he's married now and on drugs and getting crazier by the day Gnarls Barkley style, but he's still my big bro with or without that hideous hat. It used to be him telling me what I should do and fixing problems for me, but now it seems like he could take some advice from me. He's way too far from me in physical proximity though and I dont even know when the next time I see him will be, but I hope his baby on the way will not be affected by any of his crazy ways. God bless the poor little soul.

Ali G
My sexy Turkish collegue from Beijing, who is still there teaching for another semester. Ali is kind and loving and fun, and really shakes it in a bellydancing outfit ;P He tells it like it is, and is just a pleasure to be around, and also looks realy funny in his long johns hehe. Ali's from Melbourne but he might be coming to live in Sydney in July to be with his new bf so then I'll get to see more of him. And he has a dog called Sushi, how cute! Oh and he made up Coconut's name, which automatically makes him the godfather. You gotta love him.

Leo Wong
Last but not least, my dear friend Leo. I cannot say anything except that I hope he is in peace and looking down on me from heaven. There are very few people in this world who possess such a selfless and kind soul. I will learn not only from the mistakes he made, but also from his patience and dedication.
RIP brother.


Im sorry if I left anyone out but if I did its probably becoz I havent seen you for yonks, but it doesnt mean I've forgotten you! Actually, there are many others like Kwoks, Will Chau, Jason, Ken etc who I wanted to add but dont have your pictures! So send me you pics and ill add you guys. Oh and other honorary mentions like Xuan, Warren, Mel, Andrew, May, etc etc. I love you all!

xxoo

11 comments:

  1. grace you have such cool friends :) be appreciative of them all.. even jack! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess i need to learn how to pick up my phone :)
    and u do have friends here - my friends are urs! we'll share.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved it!

    btw - pics aren't working??

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know, what happened to the pics? they were fine this morning

    check back later xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. very sweet grace...you are a special friend & I'll love u forever too. We haven't talked that often since u went OS, but I promise to call u more often now to catch up. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a good thing the pics aren't working! I didn't like mine... :)

    It's good how you're keeping contact with so many friends... how do you find the time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi guys

    pics are back. sorry there was a technicality.

    hehe i sound so smart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey hon,

    I love it Grace!... Except i think i'm radiating a Herman Munster shade of green. Hehe

    They are very kind words but i don't think i deserve them! You are a beautiful person and much loved by all your friends.

    xox Kaz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweetie, thanx for the comments, well, Toast for Marco who had brought us together and yes it's us fate~!

    Omg, that's a pic of me~~? U can do better than that... :P

    Plus, I'm going back at the end of March... sad that you arent there...

    LUV
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Gracie! I love this page! its so interesting! and since i met your friends again last week for your graduation it makes it even more interesting!!
    You are always so good at describing me, you know me so well. I think of you a lot! and im sorry that i dont get to read your blog that often, (its just not my nature to be blog-reading regularly) but i will try more! Take care, i know i can be harsh and angry at times, but I think thats because i really feel like you are my blood sister! Luv You xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. your so sweet Grace!. and thanks for sending me the link. U know me too well.

    BTW Yan works at Watson Wyatt not AMP anymore

    ReplyDelete