PicWHORE... (he was doing a poo so I got bored)
SO EXCITED!!!! Omg what's wrong with me haha.
Fooooooood (and a funky prawn thingy)...
They had a special set meal for the weekend but I insisted on ordering everything separately and we ended up paying 3x the normal amount for dinner haha... I calculated that the exact meal would be almost 5x cheaper in China, and felt sad that we live in Korea where it's so hard to get good Chinese food. Especially as lately that's all I feel like eating :(
Ooooh forgot to mention that I made a friend in our building called Pinky. Her husband is the CFO of GE here, and they are a really nice Indian couple. We had lunch at the Marriott for her bday on Saturday :)
Haha, we just care about food.
The MOST AMAZING thing I found out from her the first time we met, was that she had 5000 PEOPLE at her wedding!!!! Wowsers!! Obviously, they are well-known and wealthy in India, but having to smile and shake hands with 5000 people as they all line up individually to greet you is insanity! We also found out that they had an arranged marriage, and only met once for 20mins before they were immediately taken to their engagement ceremony.
The story: They met for the first time in a hotel lobby while their parents watched on from a distance. 20mins later, Pinky was asked if she liked him and was ready to get engaged. Before she knew it, they dialed a priest (no kidding) and had an engagement ceremony that afternoon! Immediately after the ceremony, her to-be husband rushes off for a flight back to the States, and they do not meet again for 4 MONTHS until the day of the wedding.
How incredibly romantic and just like the movies!!! She said the wedding was awkward cos they didnt even know each other, but it's so great cos you can see that they really love each other now. And her husband is super young (29) to be a CFO - they have a massive apartment (like 3x the size of ours, which is hence why we really need to move) and they have lived in super cool areas in Melbourne, Oxford St in London, the US, Europe, and I forgot where else. I think their whole story is oh-so-storybook and the best bit was when I found out that they really do Bollywood dancing at weddings!!! I was so pleased to hear that haha :D
Food :)
Our first neighbour friends and oh goodness I have big boobs :)
Speaking of new friends, I really have to give a shoutout to the Rushtons (Beth, Ryan and little Liam) who have been super helpful with heaps of stuff and introduced us to the small group at church. We have a small group meeting every week, and we decided to host for the first time. Too bad we chose the only weekend that noone could make it except the Rushtons. So we just had fun chatting and stuffing our faces with snacks and pizza.
Liam and Noodle in the same outfit! HAHA!!
Ok, costume change.
The slutty Noodley stepping on my vjayjay and me *muahs*
4 month old Liam Rushton on our bed. Awwww...
I bottle-fed him and I swear my arm nearly broke off from the weight of his head. Super depressing. How am I ever going to handle a baby when I have one? :(
ATTENTION!!!! The pictures below are very significant:
The reason is because I was too busy in T&Co taking pics of myself in different sunnies (so I would know which one to buy) that I missed multiple calls from Dorothy WHO WAS TRYING TO GET ME TO GO ON THE ARMY BASE TO WATCH SATC! Boooo!!! By the time I found out what was going on, I got the car out and started driving, but then gave up 10mins later cos I realised I would never make it.
The sad part is not that I missed out on being one of the first in Korea to see the movie (everything comes out on base first, then later in cinemas), but because I have NEVER been on base and I really want to see what it's like!!! There are something like 30,000 US troops here in Korea, and they live on army bases right in the middle of the city. It's restricted and super hard to get in unless you know someone important, and I've always wanted to go inside to take a peek. Apparently, they have proper diners and proper Pizza Huts, etc (not the ones we get that cater everything to Korean sizes and tastes), and also supermarkets like back home *omg drools*. Basically, you can get anything you want on base!! They get to bypass all the dumb import rules that the rest of Korea has to follow, so it's like a mini America in there. SO NOT FAIR! Wish Froggie was a soldier. Am going to figure out a way to get in one day so I can blog about it.
Oh P.S. I took everyone's advice and got the Valentino (in a large size). Really love it, its the lightest bag I have! Check Dress Me Pretty to see :)
xxoo
No comments:
Post a Comment