If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Monday, 15 September 2008

A very long weekend...

Well, not really. It's just that Monday is supposed to be a National Public Holiday here , but I'm still at work today putting out internal fires and trying to get toothpaste back in the tube - while everyone else is at home.

I.E - I am at the office ALONE at the moment. It is a sad, sad momentous day.

The other reason I have labelled this a "very long weekend" is because I would like to start from Thursday. I havent had any time to blog so I'm just going to cram it all in one post like last time. And there is a surprise somewhere in the middle...

Thursday: The beginning...

女人女人
Amy and I went to a play called
女人女人 "Woman Woman". It was really really good! I thought it would be one whole SATC-like story, but it was actually a series of short skits about a range of modern issues women are facing. There were 6 actresses and they were all so beautiful and skinny! And so talented - I was really inspired.

The women in Woman Woman:





RMB100 never went so far! Usually I spend RMB100 on a drink and it goes in 2mins, but this show lasted 2 hours and it was the best 100 I've ever spent!

Q-Bar
Next, we went to Q-bar for drinks and dessert. I've heard good things about this bar, but I really didnt like the flourescent lighting...

Although the terrace was beautiful, and the drinks were so strong we only needed to have ONE. I know! One only for Gracie and Amy? I kid you not - get your money's worth at this joint.

I then did something completely obsure and random. I stopped at Jianwai SOHO and sat on the merry-go-round. It was around midnight, and I had to ask the guy to spin it for me and he was like "what a freak" but he did it anyway.


Friday: SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!


I chopped and dyed my hair. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

It was such a random thing to do. I was just going to get a trim... oooooops! DO YOU LOVE IT??


80s Night @ the Kros Nest
I met up with my Editor Lee Mack (now Managing Editor - LOL he's so proud) at the funky huge pizza place for 80s night. He couldn't even recognise me with the hair!

This is the pizza he got me. The entire thing was for me! OMG DIES... I almost threw up at the end of it:

And I was told that I now look like 小S instead of 大S. That's a good thing cos I really like 小S!

... any resemblence? She is WAY hotter than me huh...

Me with the owner of Kros Nest - he wasnt dressed very 80s:

Actually no-one was... That's DJ Chozie on the right. I was really excited cos I met another local celebrity - and he's apparently played back in Sydney as well, but I'm not big in the club scene back home. It was HILAR cos he's Aussie and from Cabra ... LOL! So I call him "Do Ma Aussie Chozie" now...

A friend of Do Ma Chozie that gave me his glasses:


We went to Suzie Wongs cos Do Ma Chozie owns that joint but Lee hates prostitutes so we left. When we were there, I bumped into this Edelman guy I got a proposal from and had a quick power business meeting in the corner - it was so bizarre and I was thinking "only in Beijing...."

New Tanghui @ Block 8
We then went with some other writers to the new Angel. I couldn't believe they took me there cos I HATE clubs like Angel and Babyface where its full of rich Chinese people trying really hard to dance like Westerners, and they have all these private tables and VIP rooms and stuff. OLD SCHOOL! I dont do that! I thought it was a joke first until I realised they were serious, and just wanted to do a review for the magazine. LOL!

Another reason I hate these places is cos Chinese guys are gross and they're so dumb. They buy you a rose if they like you - its like WTF? I posed for 3 pictures with the rose for the sake of novelty (and taking the piss!) and then threw it away.



BORING. I didn't really have that much fun and I really wanted a massage at 3am but was too tired to even bother looking for a 24hr one near my place so I just went home and crashed.

Saturday: The REAL DEAL

798 Art Precinct
I've been bugging people to take me to this joint for ages and finally it happened! I was NOT disappointed. It is an entire outdoor factory with like a million galleries and its AMAZING! I took heaps of pics but here are a few of my favourites. I didnt even have time to walk around the whole thing, I think I only saw a quarter of the galleries, and I was there for hours!

I know, this next one is so random but he reminds me of my first doggy Pinky... sitting on top of the world :)

and Lee with his stupid T-shirt. I was so embarressed.


Below was my second favourite gallery that day: Naked







Me pretending to be pensive in the giant birdcage:


I dont know if this is actually a car or a sculpture. It was just parked there with all the other cars:

And my favourite gallery: Pearls





Isn't it just amazing? The picture below was my ABSOLUTE FAVE. I wanted to buy it and its RMB1million.

Also - please see the canvas bag I bought that I'm wearing in the next picture. It is SO COOL, its like the greatest bag in the world. I have used it every day since then. It says: "我的LV在家里" (My LV is at home). LOOOOOOOVES IT!!! And I decorated it with all these 798 logo pins, I am like the eclectic QUEEN right now, bouncing around town with that bag heehee:

NEXT: Back to the hairdressers for a new hairdo for the A-Lister Party that night:

Am I 小S again? I think I came closer this time, yes?


25 Degrees @ Hotel G
This is a new boutique hotel that opened next to Destination gay nightclub. I really liked the entrance, there was no lobby... just sculptures:

We had dinner at one of their restaurants, a build-your-own-burger place called 25 degrees that is decked out all boudoir and poshy... and I have an announcement to make. That was the most pretentiously expensive but the most damn AMAZING burger I have ever had in my whole life, anywhere in the world. It was SOOOOO good! I really recommend it:

Song
Yes, one of my favorite places. We started there first, cos we wanted to be fashionably late to the REAL party we were going to. I must say, every time I go to Song I get a very good vibe. It's just understated chic - what I aspire to be. The understated bit...

HAHAHA.. I just had to put this pic up cos we all look so funny here! I dont think anyone was ready for the shot:

A-Lister Party @ BLING
We finally made it there! I have more paparazzi pics but I need to download them from the website so I'll put them up later:


Sunday: Funday


Working Morning
I somehow managed to drag myself out of bed after sleeping 2hrs (I know, I'm amazing) and went for a power business lunch with Holly and Juan. We took a picture outside our apartment cos I think it looks quite nice...

... and also cos im obsessed with my canvas bag HAHAHA

We had a nice lunch (no pictures - my camera was dying) and I went and got my nails done and acrylic toenails. Likey??

Houhai
Then I headed to Houhai for the Full Moon Dinner with some writer friends. It's Autumn Moon Festival and everyone was at the lake. I got bright tangerine nails to match my dress :)



No Name Restaurant
This is a Yunan restuarant called No Name off on a hutong in Houhai. It should also be called No Directions... cos you cant find the flipping restaurant unless someone from another restaurant escorts you, or you've been there before.

It was so bizarre. You go off into this road and it looks like theres nothing there, then you go onto a hutong and its like pitch black, and you keep walking and then suddenly theres a restaurant. NICE! And the food was really good too. Except we had to wait an hour for a table :O



Then we went to a French Wine Bar which was sooooo nice and lovely but I didnt even get the name and my camera was out of batteries :(

It was so sad cos that was the end of my weekend and I didnt capture it. But we had a very nice bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon (my choice!). I dont think I can ever find that place again cos I didnt get a card and it is also hidden away in a hutong like the restaurant.

Now it's Monday and everyone is having a holiday and I am by myself at work fixing up other people's incompetencies. Work is killing me, but I'm going somewhere nice tonight so goodie... Thank you all my friends in Beijing for keeping me sane! And thank you Froggie for being there for me all the way through.... and for being so understanding. I BOVE YOU!

XXOO

8 comments:

  1. *BLINKS! ur hair!! it's all gone!!!
    very cute tho.. and love the toenails.. hahaha
    so grace..
    xoxo
    bfffb

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! The new hair do looks amazing... very sophisticated darling

    I loves it!! Missing you in Syd

    x Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD!!! Your hair!!!
    I love it!
    Your hair looks exactly like Xiao S', but you're prettier than her, I don't find her that attractive.

    Is that really your mum commenting above? She's so cute, she uses "OMG" LoL

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg mum you ARE CUTE!

    and im so glad everyone likes me hair!!

    **phew**

    I was really worried that it wont grow out for the wedding, but I was told that the stylist can still do an updo no matter how short your hair is - YAY! So ive decided to keep this short style and not grow it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely LOVE you hair!!!

    it's so glamorous and sexy!

    Hxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. its so different...very bold & sexy just like you! Its good for a change sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked ur long hair better...remember the time u straightened it viet style and later we ate at Ming Hai? And i was salivating over it hahaha

    Bob cat looks ok.

    Man...u party way too hard...fark. Ur liver must be spewing...hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was already really shocked when u colored your hair, and Im super shocked now that u chopped ur hair. The new hair do looks HOT, especially that fringe! I just need somtim to digest it into my system cos it i always thot u adore ur long straight black hair, must be the modern chinese culture and all those funky parites that influenced you.

    ReplyDelete