The time has finally come for us to start picking a date and to stop avoiding the fact that the ring on my finger is supposed to mean something.... hahaha
Unfortunately, both the dates that Froggie picked (09.09.09 and 10.10.10) are unlucky for people born in the year of the pig (that's him) - says the Chinese Zodiac website.
I know... WHO CARES. But I'm not taking any chances.
And so begins the search. And it depends on so many things - work, my bridesmaids, overseas guests, whether I will be back in Sydney with enough time to plan, etc etc...
It also depends on the colour-scheme and seasonal considerations.
Will I be a Summer Bride?
... or an Autumn Bride?
I've also started looking at cakes, thanks to my angel friend Grace Kwok who has offered to make the wedding cake *gasps* !!!
Can she pull it off??
Well, Kwoks you can always back out, no pressure. Here are a few of the ones that I like... dont know if you can replicate them or not, but we are only in preliminary discussions here so I will not be offended at all if you decide that it's too much work and would rather just show up and have free food/booze.
Im torn.... do I go Traditional?

Nice Shapes?


All out Bec & Lleyton-style?
Or Funky & Cute?
Meanwhile I am in love with my new Marc Jacobs dress that I nabbed from Nali Mall in Beijing.
Here it is with me and some colleagues @ KTV:





Yep. I think I will be able to pull it off, but I will have to insist on rejecting Bec and Lleyton's cake - it is grotesquely obscene!
ReplyDeleteHere's a suggestion I found out from my cake decorating class: you decorate the outside on a dummy cake, ie foam shapes in exactly the conformation you desire. The outside icing and sugar flowers will last to perpetuity, so it does not take the risk of doing it on a live cake at the last moment and failing.
Benefits: can be worked on over a period of time, to perfection. Does not restrict the type of underlying cake (cos if you have to have a cake with heavy decoration over, you are restricted to certain type of dense cakes that can take the weight ie fruit cake).
You do happy photo op cake 'cutting', then it is whisked out back, then the real fresh cakes are cut up and served out.That way, you can also have many more flavours of cake available to serve,and of course, to eat!
Something for your consideration.
Also, I make fantastic passionfruit melting moments, maybe a bonbonniere suggestion?
g
Congratulations Gracie!!:)When is the wedding? And where do you plan to have it? I had mine in Beijing, really nice and all we paid was about 3000rmb in total, a hundread times more cheaper than in England!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations guys!!!:D