If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Wednesday, 10 October 2007

Where's my egg?

You know when you're driving to work in the car and you hear one of those adds that goes "wouldnt you love to have a sausage and egg mcmuffin from Maccas right now?"...

Well, for someone who hasnt eaten Maccas for 5 years that day finally came. I was hungry, stressed and depressed and losing weight (well, Xtine says so - not the scales), and I happened to be just nearing a big M drive-thru.

So in I went and got my sausage and egg mcmuffin meal with an expresso pronto latte and that was it. I was hooked. Radio advertising doesnt work? Bollocks!

So for the last 3 days I have been eating my way to junk heaven oblivion (note - no weight gain, since I pig out on chocolate all day at work anyway) and loving the fact that I drive to work and can therefore eat, drink, put my make up on, talk on the phone and listen to Kyle and Jackie O all all the same time until...... my sausage and egg mcmuffin came today without an egg.

?

I didnt even know that they just did plain sausage mcmuffins without the egg, but it was an incredibly sad shock ...
Not to mention the fact that my whole life has been sad for the past 2 weeks, but now this?

The absence of the egg was very disheartening.

Anyway Angela has ensured me that the next time I drive through I can tell them what happened and I get it for free. Poo. Who cares. Its not the $2.45 that I want back - its my time, my heart, my youth and my life dammit!

Goodbye Ronald, and goodbye eggless sausage and egg mcmuffins. I dont think I will be seeing you for at least another 5 years...

2 comments:

  1. but the egg is what makes that whole meal! still love McD though - that Ronald McDonald makes my heart beat just a little bit faster i tell you.

    Glad you're blogging again grace. they've banned facebook here at work, so i've been lost all these weeks. More please!

    Cher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracie - it the principal which is why you should get your sausage and egg mcmuffin!
    We all know that the world does not have unlimited "eggs"..and by eggs I'm not talking about Macca's. You need more eggs..and you deserve it. Only good eggs...
    x
    Welcome back to blogging

    ReplyDelete