If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Wednesday, 20 October 2010

What's in a name?

So I finally signed up for my friend Mel's boyfriend Danny's business Fashionstake, which is a cool crowdfunding concept that allows you to view and make a "stake" on up and coming designers. You get to view their trunk shows and if enough capital is raised then you are offered a huge discount on the collection. If not, you dont get charged. ANYWAY... during my research I discovered that Danny actually has his own Wikipedia page (albeit a little out of date) and that got me thinking about how the results you find on Google when you search someone can sometimes be a measure of their worth (Linked In and Facebook profiles excluded).

For example... if you search my husband's name and then "Sydney" you'll get an article written about him when he was still a little'un trader hehe... if you search my name and "Sydney" you'll get one result BUT if you search my name and then "Seoul" you'll quite a few articles and fashion pieces. Wonder if that means that I'm of more value in Korea than I am back home, or if it simply means that there is noone else with the same name that lives here... (Of course, if you search "Grace Sun" on its own you'll get the fashion designer - ooooh how to differentiate myself from her!!)

What's in a name? Well, a lot really. We have spent months searching for the perfect name for Nugs and I am quite happy to announce that we have (almost) found it. We're quite sure of what it will be now, but just working on the spelling, as there are so many ways to spell it. So anyway, in order to avoid some other kid with the same name taking his glory later, I did a Google search to find how many people with combinations of that name exist right now. The good news is that it's not very popular, so only 1 or 2 results show up for each spelling. There is one spelling combination that gives no other results *woop* but it's also probably the worst way to spell it and looks weird.

Anyway, I figure that if he's a super achiever then it wont matter cos he'll always come up as the top result -  like Bruce Lee & Karl Lagerfeld.

Speaking of Nugs being the best, I decided to check out the Equestrian Club not far from my place (Nugs must be skilled in all areas of life, you see). My friend Terry is a horserider and she goes every week. They have ponies for kids and its so cute. I just know I'm gonna be a total soccer-slash-stage mum already, but really hope it doesn't become an all-consuming obsession like it did with my mum and our (mostly Emily's) music!

Terry's super friendly friend doing his jumps for the first time. It was really fun watching all the pros :)


We had a beautiful lunch at Buona Sera afterwards - its the restaurant featured in the Korean drama series "Pasta" and the service was so impeccable I forgot I was in Korea. They hang your coats, place your bag on a fancy bag hanger/hook from the table, time courses with just the right amount of interval (this is a challenge in Korea, believe me)... and give you free reign of the dessert selection.



We couldn't decide so we had one of everything. I will have to bring my mum back here, she's totally addicted to quality Italian & tiramasu and this was the best I've had in a long time. Less than 2weeks til she arrives now!

xxoo

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait till you announce little Nugget's name. So excited for you!

    The desserts look awesome! YUM!

    ReplyDelete