If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Oh good boy, Nugget!

So if you haven't heard the good news already here it is again - my placenta has moved yippee!! Here's what happened: 3 weeks ago at my last scan I was still a total previa and the dr told me there is very little chance of it budging at all given the time we have left and the fact that total previas dont usually move. ANYWAY, I'm such a doctor slut, I have been going to multiple obs cos I cant make up my mind about which hospital to use - so I went to a new dr the other day and he told me that my placenta is "low lying" (still low but the least riskiest) I was like - HUH. No way. That would mean that it has moved up 4 stages in 3 weeks --- as if. So I went BACK to my original dr who didn't believe it either until she did a scan and then she was so surprised she didnt talk for a minute! She said that I'm really lucky and with any more luck it might move another 2cm which could potentially make it safe for me to deliver naturally!!!

THANK YOU GOD for listening to our prayers, you really perform miracles in our lives!!! We prayed so so hard for this, and all out friends have too - the power of prayer people, never underestimate it!

I have to use all my self control right now not to run around everywhere RAHH!! I want to be normal again, but its still not in the safe zone so I have to keep doing what I've been doing cos obviously it's working. We'll find out in another 3-4 weeks the final position and then I will have to make a decision on delivery based on that. I'm freaking out now, cos if it is safe I dont know if I'm mentally or physically prepared for a natural birth anymore. I wanted one so bad, but then I gave up on the idea and to get myself back into that frame of mind, prepare my body physically, educate myself and do classes - will be way too late...!! WHAT TO DOOOOOO...

Whatever it will be, I am just thankful and ever grateful to God and little Nugs for helping me out by shifting that uncooperative placenta. I just know Nugs is gonna be a smart kid, he's already doing his part to make life easier for me :D

So update - lately I've been getting these sharp stabbing pains in my vagina and sometimes in my bottom. It really hurts, like someone is digging a knife in there! I thought it was Braxton Hicks but that's not meant to be painful, so I think Nugs has conveniently found his way around my innards and is probably stepping on a nerve booo :( ... I'm also not really getting more than 5hrs sleep a night, and I feel tired alllll the time. The usual constant peeing, leg cramps, back pain, weight gain, skin irritation, etc is escalating and right now I just feel like a fatigued cuddly ball that waddles around like a duck. Noodle loves it :)

I think I've also found my hospital FINALLY. Its the best women's one in Seoul - expensive but I think worth it, with an excellent international clinic and their own cord banking system, private suites, etc. I was kinda sold on the wireless internet in the rooms, and the large couches for your family to sit and sleep in. If I get the big room, I'll be able to have at least 2ppl stay with me at night if I want which is nice. The hospital system is still Korean (husband not allowed in the surgery, very little time with baby if you can't breastfeed), but I think I am strong enough to handle that. PLUS I found this Japanese place that does breast massage and I'm gonna start visiting them before I'm due so that it can help with the milk production - I dont wanna have trouble breastfeeding!! Steve wasn't breastfed at all and he has a million digestive problems and it really sucks balls, whereas I have none even though I did bad "things" and abused laxatives plus every other f**ed-up thing you could do to your body when I was young. I eat crap all the time and never get sick, and even when everyone else gets a tummy bug from something I'm always the only one that's fine - I like to think its because my mum was so diligent with my breastfeeding. THANKS MUM. Plus... I spent so much money on that breastpump I bought it better go to good use!

Here's Nugs at 30 weeks - the one on the left looks a bit like bride of Chucky lol. We missed the window of opportunity to do a 3D scan when you can see the baby's face, now he's too big and I can't do it. Never mind, not much longer to go now!


Btw, they have changed my actual due date to Xmas Day which means I'm actually more than 31weeks, but the problem is that c-sections for placenta problems have to be performed 2 weeks early - which would make Nugs a SAGGITARIUS! NOOOO!!!! I wont go into my Saggitarius complex right now, but let's just say its keeping me up at night and I would do anything NOT to have a Sag baby. Plz plz plz let me know able to have the operation on the 22nd - first day of Capricorn would be fab, even if it does mean that he will never really have a proper bday. We'll make sure he gets an extra big bday/Xmas present every year :D

Here's me @ Mui Mui restaurant with Grace Park... fab mussels, ho-hum pasta


... and at this French crepe place for dessert that was really cute but had sucky crepes and shitty service. My hair is a fake pony hehe, I took my extensions out and now I have no hair :(


Noodlely has also been very helpful lately! She's been trying out all the gifts people have given us and giving them a test run first. Here she is testing out the activity mat & brake suspension on the Bumbo wheels:


I've just been told that the newest edition of 10 Mag just came out with my face on the cover! Haven't seen it yet, hoping for minimal water retention and swelling in the face. Will post up the pictures next~~!!

xxoo

4 comments:

  1. I hope Nugs is a Capricorn too.. like Yan! Which means that the three of us will be compatible (I'm a Taurus)! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news =D! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm sooooo HAPPY for you, Babe! Keep up with the positivity. You're SO gonna be a great Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! that's really a good news! Honey you are so blessed. You will be the best mom in the world!

    ReplyDelete