If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Taipei - Day 3!!

Day 3 was a bit of a whirlwind. We somehow managed to organise all the important things on the same day, so it was pretty hectic for a high-risk mama like me. Good thing I had lots of help on the way!

Floral Arrangement Class @ The Westin

I went to the hairdresser again that morning, which means Angie & I were late for the class - what's new. The room was decked out nicely with snacks, but I didn't really get to enjoy them cos everyone was yelling at me to hurry up cos I was so late!

The theme for this lesson was bridal bouquet arrangement, and we had to pick 40 long-stemmed white roses, to start:


I was super behind already, and also super awkward at twisting the stems in the right way. Don't think I was cut out for this :(


Luckily, everyone rushed to my rescue. I think they were concerned that my slow pace would make us late for the baby shower haha... the teacher helped too. So basically, I cheated but who cares. It looked nice in the end!

Our bouquets:


Lovely!

Ooooh I'm so vain, I made myself colourful :P


Baby Shower @ VVG Bon Bon

This is a super cute girly cafe/dessert house all decked out in a quasi-Marie Antoinette/kitsch/country-style deco.... in fact, I dont know what it's really supposed to be but its gorgeous and fuuuullll of lollies and goodies! I've been wanting to go there for ages and finally a good excuse!


Finding a venue for this shower took a lot of brainstorming cos originally we wanted all the doggies to come... but in the end it was just too hard so we had to do it without them. Our table is the one on the bottom right:


Rebecca got there early and decorated the tables with her hand-made place cards. I was SO SO proud of her, cos we were all so worried but she proved us all wrong! YAY!!! 傻妞 was not really 傻 that day!!! :D


Arrival!

Yummo desserts & my giant lollipop :D


And even though we couldn't have the doggies, Dora still brough Chloe to see me. We had to take pictures near the door - but omg as soon as she saw me she started going ballistic like a psycho dog!! She wouldn't stop licking me and didn't want to leave! Awwww... I was so touched I could cry. I guess doggies never forget their owners *tear*


Game time! First game - guess the baby. It wasn't too hard cos only 4 ppl remembered to bring their pictures:


Second game - draw a baby without looking. Jenny won cos her's had a penis but I think Rebecca & Niki's were the funniest LOLOLOLOL:


Third game - give a parenting tip and pass it on. The tip was meant to be "when changing his diaper, put your finger on Nugget's doodle so that he doesn't whiz in your mouth" (apparently that happens!) but by the time it got back to me it became "put your hand over your nose so you dont smell the poopoo". Hmmm...

Everyone was so confused:

My gifts! (L to R) Mothercare baby soap & car teddy from Tina; Nautica polo shirt from Dora; Mothercare hooded towels from Jenny; Swarovski rocking horse from Rebecca; oops there's Tina again; Jacardi Paris blankie from Connie (I started using this one already cos its so soft :p); Burts Bees full set of baby products from Niki; Eleplant costume from Betty:


Angela got me a baby seat, but we had to leave it at home with Tangyuan:


Thanks everyone for making it such a special day!!


Hotpot @ 鼎王 & Dessert @ 糖朝


We finally got to include the husbands in something - hotpot dinner at this place that is so popular we had to book a month in advance!! 

It was really yummy and I drank 8 bowls of soup hehe:


Then dessert at the super dessert place that has everything. 3 of these below were MINE! Muahahahahaha....!!! Thanks Betty for sharing all your pics :)


And that was the end. SADNESS!!!

On the next day, we had a quick spiffy lunch at a local place near Angela's place, and had the company driver take us to the airport. Of course, I stopped for bubble tea on the way :)

Our last meal. NOOOO!!!!


Back on a wheelchair at the airport. Sigh. 


Froggie upgraded with me, so at least we had a nice flight home and watched Kickass together hehe. That girl in it is soooo cute omg. Want to eat her.

Thanks all my lovelies in TW for looking after me so well. If I had stayed in Seoul I would have been so depressed, but you guys brought the life back into me. Hope to see you all soon!!!

xxoo

2 comments:

  1. I love how you do your hair in the bun, can you show us how you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i did that at the hairdresser, but i asked them to use my donut. So you just put your hair up in a ponytail, then put the donut around it and pin your hair over the donut :)

    http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2009/04/a-donut-that-gives-you-bigger.html

    ReplyDelete