Anyway, good news is that I got tested and I DONT have pre-eclampsia hooray!! But we wont know about gestational diabetes til I take the test in 2 weeks time, and unfortunately I still have placenta previa *saaad face*
Anyway, have decided that I will not complain about any of this, because God has blessed me with Nugget and I know that He will not take that away from me. I have a happy marriage, a huge apartment, a soon to be full-time maid, a cook, a personal tutor/assistant, a dog trainer (I just hired one cos Noodlely just cant get it right!!) and very soon a mum, all here to help me out - while others I know here have to get by in studio apartments with a baby and no help, are undergoing IVF treatment in an effort to conceive, or are dealing with relationship problems.
No, I have absolutely nothing to complain about.
Meanwhile, some other, more 'normal' pregnancy symptoms I've been experiencing are carpal tunnel syndrome, continuously bad skin (ugh), and... uh, has anyone seen my BRAIN?? I'm so clumsy and dumb right now, and the blurred vision just makes it worse!
Working from home is also not much of a treat, since I'm still just as busy as before - but now I get no face time with other staff which really sucks balls cos it means I have to be on the phone all day long and it's so stressful not being able to explain things in person. Sitting alone in a big empty house is no fun either, but at least I have Noodlely :)
I've also taken my mum's advice about making myself look lovely even if noone is looking. I try to wear something pretty and put on some concealer & blush every day and also make sure my hair is done, just so I dont fall into a pit of drabiness like so many ppl do when they are stuck at home. Then I take a look at myself in the mirror and think: "hey, you're not too bad!" and it brightens up my day.
I'm not really supposed to be too active, but we still go out for dinners when the cook is not here, and I've been trying to get out of the house and do something special once a week.
Here's what I've been up to lately.
Dinner @ Between, the much talked-about new trendy restaurant/tapas/bar in Itaewon:
Starters, tapas, and my fave Virgin Mary with extra spice *yummy*!!
Mains... from happiness to hearburn. Such is pregnancy :(
Sangre Flamenca @ Universal Art Center - Spanish flamenco dancers and my last gift from 10 Mag as I have just resigned! Really can't handle working two jobs anymore so it's farewell Fashion Editor for a while *sniff*
We were late so I decided to picwhore until we were let in:
Isn't this funny? From some angles, I dont look preggas at all - but from others I look HUGE!
Inviting friends over for dinner - my cook does a great job! Look at Liam in the elephant costume that Betty bought me for my baby shower HAHAHA:
With Eunji's little Evan - he's so sweet! I want Nugget to be just as good as him :)
Doing one of many food reviews... ahh, my job sucks, eh?
Oh and YAY!! I got my quadruple egg mooncakes delivered all the way from the Peninsula Hotel in HK, soooo happy. Except NOT HAPPY when I discovered Froggie had bought 2 boxes of the set with tea in it... which means it not only cost like $250 each but in order to make room for the special tea there is less mooncake :( .... NOOOO!!! I will have to eat half each day so that it can last me a week. BAH~~!
In punishment for all the silly things he's been doing lately (particularly for his obsession with the Zombie v Plants game on my iPad), Froggie had to carry Noodle around in the swing all morning. He was grumpy in the beginning but then I think he got used to it hehe :p
Btw I showed this link on one girl's plastic surgery to my Taiwanese friends and they were flabbergasted!! I was really surprised as I think I am so used to it now that it has no effect on me anymore, but please take a look and you'll know why a lot of girls look the same here :p
P.S. AS I WRITE THIS one of my friends is getting married at Quay in Sydney in an Alex Perry gown!! Saddened that I cannot be there for such an important event, but looking forward to the pictures soon - she has the same photographer I used for my wedding! Congrats Mags & Jeff ♥









hey steve is looking quite tall compare to you now...is it because you're in flats now that u r preggas? haha
ReplyDeleteSteve looks cute with Noodle. And u look beautiful hun
xox
yup, im wearing a 3cm kitten heel here but most of the times im just in complete flats. Steve cut his hair and now he looks ugly like those military guys *sigh*
ReplyDeleteoh btw just realised that link doesnt work damn... ill have to show u next time.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletesorry, i meant to write, why do some people have all the luck? Is it something to do with being religious? ;)
ReplyDeleteGood to hear you don't have pre-eclampsia! Keep staying positive, Babe.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, I LOVE your blouse/dress @ Between...and Noodle is soooo adorable. I miss my Shih-Tzu :-(((