If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Thursday, 9 February 2012

Writers Block

Wow I'm hopeless. So much for updating every week...

In my defence, I've been in China. I took a little sabbatical for myself for 10 days, sans husband and child. It was good for me. I wrote, reflected, drank a lot, fell down the stairs, fought with an ex-bf who just suddenly turned up at my hotel for a day, got kicked out of my hotel for misbehaviour, managed to also get involved in a street fight, and sat on the beach in the dead of a snowy winter.

And no, I don't want to explain.

I also fell in love again... with my country.

There are times when I look at my life and the things I've been through and I have to say that I am, more so than the average person, one that lives passionately and thrives on drama. I'm a butterfly, still yet to find my way, still yet to find a home. I live on on the cusp of extremities, never settling for the simple or the mundane. I am an enigma, even I do not understand myself.

Someone reminded me today of something that Deepak Chopra said: If money was of no concern and you had all the time in the world, what would you be doing with your life?

I guess I'm there now. What should I be doing? I went to China with the intention of writing, which I did. But at times it felt like I took 10 steps back each time I took 2 steps forwards. Writers block is a myth... its called fear and insecurity.

Motherhood is but one of my branches - being a mother, a daughter, a sister, a professional, a writer - are other branches of this naked tree. But I can't do any of these things well without being me. Sometimes I feel that marriage and family has made me lose myself, but the truth is that I cannot have any of these branches without roots and the root is my family.

I made my husband cry yesterday. I seem to do it a lot.

I guess I'm an onion. Sometimes you have to peel down the layers, and sometimes you weep.


Dusk from my window, Qingdao

1 comment:

  1. Hey Grace, it takes real courage doesn't it to not let yourself be defined by any personal or professional roles, and even more courage to not let your happiness hinge upon sucess in any of those roles. Good luck and take care.

    - Dianna

    ReplyDelete