If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it...

Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Monstrous!

So my maid says to me the other day "Ma'am, why you not stop?" I guess she was referring to me eating that entire pecan pie and the truth is, she's kinda right :( Even my mum said I need to cut down on carbs and dessert cos there's still 6~8 weeks to go and I'm beyond the point of no return. Yikes!

My cook told me that her 26yr old daughter, who used to be really petite at 45kg, got up to 70kg by the end of her pregnancy. 6 months later she's still 58kg and it's getting hard to lose the rest. How depressing. I think that was her signal for me to not get to that point, but I'm already almost there. RAHHHH!

In my defence, I have been on bed rest and strict no-exercise policy for so long I think I've forgotten how to walk. I also happen to have an Indonesian cook who does really good curries and bakes a lot so it's actually all her fault.

I've been collecting pictures of her cooking to prove my point...

Homemade eggplant dip, houmous & potato mash:


Freshly baked bread - my biggest vice:


Pizzaz, quiches, cakes & brownies...


Indonesian/thai rices, pastas, vietnamese rolls:


Tom yum, laksas, curries...


Osso bucco, more curries, chilli crab:


See? Everything is curriefied and Steve always makes her cook all this meat cos he loves it:


Oh, did I mention she also works at a cake shop, which means I get desserts all the time. It's Sugar Hit @ my place like every day.


But my fave is still my good husband's cooking, which he's been doing a lot of lately. His best dishes are steaks, thick fries & fried crab balls - yuuuums :)


So anyway, that pretty much explains my monstrosity, which I will work on taming in the next few weeks, but knowing my lack of self-control, the chances aren't looking too great...

Here's me after our "date" at Baerlin Restaurant the other night. It was our first date in months and lasted a grand total of 2 hours, after which we went straight home and flopped on the couch. How incredibly sad. 


I think I tried to colour coordinate to distract from my hipponormous frame, but just realised that I put on the wrong buckle for my belt and it doesn't match - horror.

xxoo

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your cook is one Superwoman! I am impressed. Everything looks so yummy!

    I cannot resist warm bread with butter as well. I could finish a whole basket of bread before the arrival of our appetizer >_<

    ReplyDelete