I am a single mother of one without a USB.
What the hell does that mean, you may wonder. Well, the first part is self explanatory and I dont wish to comment. The second part about the USB? It had my life in it. No exaggeration. 1 gigabite full of photos, essays, resume, cover letters, you name it. The worst thing is that I have the research for all my subjects in there and I didnt make a backup. I now have to redo the lot, and if anyone has ever done a Masters research course you will know that this is the part that takes the most time. I'm screwed I tell you.
Yesterday at the computer store, I almost burst into tears when the scrawny asian guy told me that there was zero amount of storage on it. I defiantly proclaimed that he must have made some mistake but NOOOOO, it was I that had made a mistake. For not backing up my work.
It will cost hundreds to go to a data recovery person and try to get it back, and it takes more than a week. By that time, I would have gone crazy from waiting and probably finished redoing the research anyway. And even though I have a backup of most of the photos, I failed to backup any of the more recent ones, and I will now have to go to my blog and individually download every single one of them. *cries*
I am not feeling well.
But the rule of thumb for Gracie Blogging has always been: Keep it witty and always end on an upbeat. Depressing stories are better left for emails and phone calls. Hence...
Girls, give me something happy to think about. I have decided to do a high tea with just the chicks for my bday. Sorry boys, maybe we can go and play pool or counterstrike or something equally as testosterone-driven later. I just cant really imagine you guys putting on a cute outfit and drinking tea and eating scones, chatting about relationships, weight gain, and fashion disasters. Anyway, do you girls wanna do that, and if so where is the best place? I was thinking the QVB tearooms or The Victoria Room in darlinghurst.
Heres the Victoria Room. Boudoir and intimate...

And the Tea Room. Elegant and pristine.

Let me know so I can book girls. Give the poor woman some sympathy and show some love...
P.S I just ripped the best harjukugrls pic from mel's myspace. Call me teeny bopper ;p

Don't be too depressed Grace. Doing it all the second time will only take half the time, if not less! Good luck in your researching.
ReplyDeleteWould love to go High Tea! It's so you Grace. =)
There's also a nice high tea place at the hotel in Double Bay!
Book away... I'm there.
=)
Jay
really whats it called?
ReplyDeleteHey Gracie,
ReplyDeleteJust making an assumption that I'm invited :) but I went to the Victoria Room with my friends and personally I thought it was too dark and the food was not great.
The best place I have been so far for high tea is the Swissotel and Sheraton was nice too.
I think they have a special promo at the moment at some bar...maybe The Loft? I can't remember but if anyone subscribes to Missy Confidential they will have the promo there.
x
i hope everything ik ok :) if there's anything i can do to help out, gimme a buzz.
ReplyDeletei'm in for high tea gracie!
Hx
Dudette,
ReplyDeleteWhen will your tea be? I'll be in Syd June 16. Am I lucky enough to have it coincide. Lemme know if it does, cos then I will start losing weight for you right now!
GK
Thanks guys
ReplyDeleteGrace kwoks, ill be back by then! will you stay til the 24th? thats when my bday is.
Ok im looking into the swissotel and sheraton but i cant make a decision unless i see it for myself. Can someone just decide for me?
would you decide on picture oppotrunities? maybe ask ange which one has a nice setting :)
ReplyDeleteHx
Oh Gracie!
ReplyDeleteIt sucks when anything computer related stuffs up. Like you, my life is in my removable hard drive and I'm so scared one day it's just going to die. Hopefully the guy will retrieve all your data. Good luck!
Gahh.. my harajuku pic Lol @.@
Hey Gracie,
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better..
Ill be there at your thing, and i dont have a suggestion but Sofitel or Hilton sounds good.
I will just follow the decision :)
Im off to Boston in two days, so i wont be answering any incoming calls, but stay in touch via email ok!
Im so stupid i wrote hilton instead of Sheraton.
ReplyDeleteBy the way i just heard today that Paris hilton is going to jail or something..
Maybe its old news but thought it was interesting. She was crying in court trying to get out of the charges (something to do with driving i think) but the judge was being tough on her..
Take care gracie